Hamshire-Fannett High School is an above average, public school located in Hamshire, TX. It has 553 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-223 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+84 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-70 Students
- B68 Students
- A54 Students
- B54 Students
- B-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Hamshire-Fannett High School
- BHardin-Jefferson High School
- Hardin-Jefferson Independent School District, TX
- 94 reviews
- BEast Chambers High School
- East Chambers Independent School District, TX
- 65 reviews
- BWest Brook Senior High School
- Beaumont Independent School District, TX
- 392 reviews
- CEvolution Academy Beaumont
- Evolution Academy Charter School, TX
Hamshire-Fannett High School Reviews
After attending school in the Hamshire-Fannett school district for 13 years, I can safely say that I enjoyed my time here in this community. I really enjoyed the school spirit and the small town feel that this community has. The people in this community are also very kind and compassionate which adds to the pros about this school district. Another strong point of this school is the academics here are very good. The staff is also very helpful with helping plan for college and beyond. One thing I would change about the school if I could would be to improve the facilities. The high school in particular is an old facility and the district could benefit from improved facilities.
Hamshire Fannett was probably not a good school choice for me. I have almost no interests with the people as well as the school's class options. I'm a very versatile person who wants to go out in the world and pursue my fashion dreams, and about 80% of the students there will most likely be going to local colleges. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just not who I am. So I'd say my high school experience wasn't exactly what I imagined it, but one good thing about it was how loving and genuine the people are. It's a very small community and everyone had each other's backs. But, I'm ready to take off in the real world, and see what it has to offer for me.
I've been going to Hamshire-Fannett all my life. It is fairly small with approximately 140 students per grade. I really love the student-to-teacher ratio, which allows teachers to have a connection with their students. This allows for a better learning environment and an enjoyable atmosphere for almost everybody. Though the facility is fairly worn, it's what's in the classrooms that matter. Teachers challenge students to do their best and are always there for support. Overall, my experience at Hamshire-Fannett High School was wonderful. I never felt threatened, lost, and I always had the resources to help me if needed.