Hampshire Senior High School is a public school located in Romney, WV. It has 1,011 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Hampshire Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-74 Students
- C+58 Students
- C+48 Students
- B-23 Students
- C+19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-10 Students
- B10 Students
- C+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Hampshire Senior High School Reviews
I personally had a good high school experience. Many of the teachers were great and so were my fellow students. My biggest issue is that the community is focused on our sport programs instead of the quality of the school and education. Our library has no ceiling due to water issues and no librarian due to low funding. But yeah, we definitely need a new turf field first. Let's sort our priorities out.
The school was very average with some great teachers and good experiences. The school environment has seemed to change a lot since I was a student. The whole structure has been redone, which looks to have great benefits for the kids. Transparency is much more important than before, which is great for students, parents, and teachers. Overall, the high school has improved. The athletic departments is still great, but the music and arts programs need to be prioritized more.
What I liked about my high school the most is how friendly all of the teachers were. They were always there to help and always listened. They understood and took their time when student's didn't quite understand. The school was also offered clubs which helped us meet new friends. No matter what, they always gave opportunities to meet new people, through everything from clubs to sports. Although my experience was wonderful, I would change one thing. I would add more courses that are helpful to learn which career you want to go in. We didn't have enough courses to prepare us for college, or to prepare us for our future. All in all, my high school experience was a true blessing.