Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hampshire Regional High School is an above average, public school located in Westhampton, MA. It has 719 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Hampshire Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A79 Students
- C+43 Students
- A-35 Students
- C+30 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+26 Students
- B22 Students
- B22 Students
- A+21 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Hampshire Regional High School
- B-Gateway Regional High School
- Gateway Regional School District, MA
- 114 reviews
- B-Westfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 205 reviews
- B+Frontier Regional School
- Public School
- South Deerfield, MA
- 84 reviews
- B-Granby Junior/Senior High School
- Granby Public Schools, MA
- 40 reviews
Hampshire Regional High School Reviews
Overall, Hampshire Regional provides a positive experience for students. Although it is quite a small school with little diversity, there are opportunities to engage in a variety of activities with a responsive administration overseeing them. However, my favorite aspect is the teachers. As with any school, there are duds, but the vast majority are engaging, patient, and passionate about their career. They are very caring and can offer guidance in both their subject area and in navigating life. I could not have achieved what I did without their constant support. In conclusion, Hampshire Regional deserves a "very good" rating of four stars.
I think that Hampshire Regional is the best American public school possible. That may not be a very high bar, but we get it done. It's high school, so a lot of stupid stuff goes on, but everyone I've met here has made me a better person in some way. The concept of a regional school, despite being necessary because of town populations, is very beneficial to growing up because it allows you to know and understand people from different backgrounds. That being said, there is not a single African-American student in my graduating class of 120, so... that's kind of a lot. I think the statistic is something like 95% White. However, I still think Hampshire does a great job, at least in academics; they over-prepare you for college-level writing and really expand your thinking in Language Arts. The history department is trash.
I've had a great experience at Hampshire so far! Most if not all of my teachers have been dedicated to their students' education and general well-being. With their after school hours, teachers are easy to talk to and reach out to when you're struggling. The school does have a few problems, mainly with the administration not responding to some situations, whether that's a problem with administration or communication I don't know. The lack of diversity is also hard for some students, but it's such a small community that that can't really be helped.