Hampden Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B127 Students
- C+46 Students
- B38 Students
- C+26 Students
- B+23 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+20 Students
- C+18 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Hampden Academy Reviews
Review Hampden Academy
The academics were very good and I've been very successful in college so far because of this. I felt pretty prepared going into my first year. However the administrative faculty is the worst part of this school. If someone is severely sick and cannot attend school, the faculty in the office will have no sympathy. I contracted mono during the middle of my senior year, could not attend school for two weeks and only attended part time for two weeks after that. The office staff threatened to not give me my diploma in June because I had too many absences, all of which were supposed to be excused by my countless doctor's notes saying I was not allowed to be in school for an entire day. I was a straight A student who was severely ill and could barely stand up for more than an hour, not some kid that was just skipping school for a month. But all my teachers were very understanding. I still passed my third quarter with honors that year because of the wonderful teachers I had.
Hampden Academy id a diverse community of students and educators. Hampden Academy has an amazing faculty that loves to teach and is eager to assist their students. We have one of the best music departments in eastern Maine both instrumental and vocal. Hampden Academy also has a large number of clubs including the largest JCL delegation in Maine. We are proud of the rich history of our school spanning over two hundred years and wish to continue our legacy of making students strive for personal success.
I loved all of the opportunities that I have been provided, as well as the teachers here at Hampden. Everyone truly cares about you and works to help make your goals happen. The only issue that I have is that this year I've had medical issues and they have not been as forgiving, and they have not been giving me the easiest time with allowing me to earn my credits.