Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Hampden Academy is an above average, public school located in Hampden, ME. It has 795 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Hampden Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B199 Students
- B103 Students
- C+59 Students
- B-58 Students
- A+43 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+37 Students
- C+37 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Hampden Academy Reviews
Hampden Academy is an excellent school with minor administrative/ organization problems. Overall though they were helpful with AP classes/academics/ dual enrollment questions I had while I was a junior/senior. I truly had many chances to succeed in my leadership abilities. Most of the teachers were easy to turn to. Guidance resources are helpful at times but could be more accessible to students and easier to understand... was left many times clueless about classes and waiting around for an answer. The process of applying to college was fairly easy. APs are encouraged. A fault of the school is changing the curriculum far too often, watching underclassmen after me being allowed to take math/ English classes by ability level. Finally, the arts are at an absolute low- school cut family development/cooking/arts classes which is disappointing.
Very nice building and facilities! Teachers are very good, helpful, and quite personable. Food is pretty good for high school food and there are lots of options and snacks available throughout the day. There are many sports and clubs offered, including fun things like beekeeping club and hoola hooping club. People are decent and there isn't really much drama at all, unless you purposefully create it. Overall a pretty good place to spend four years.
I'm in my Sophomore year here at hampden Academy and it has been very good. In my freshmen year, the teachers worked very hard to make sure that you are acceding in your first year of high school. They teach you time management skills, studying skills, and also gave different ways to learn. Coming into my sophomore year I felt as though I had the skills that I needed to be able to accel because of the skills that they taught us the year before.