Hammonton High School is an above average, public school located in HAMMONTON, NJ. It has 1,335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Hammonton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+182 Students
- B+140 Students
- A113 Students
- A-65 Students
- A58 Students
- C49 Students
- B+46 Students
- B+43 Students
- A41 Students
- C38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Hammonton High School
- BSterling High School
- Public School
- Somerdale, NJ
- 208 reviews
- B+Delsea Regional High School
- Delsea Regional High School District, NJ
- 209 reviews
- BHighland Regional High School
- Black Horse Pike Regional School District, NJ
- 173 reviews
- A-Cedar Creek High School
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, NJ
- 138 reviews
Hammonton High School Reviews
Hammonton High School provided me with the most eclectic high school experience I could have asked for. I loved the academic environment in which I was able to prosper thanks to amazing teachers, competitive classmates, and innumerable opportunities. I was also able to compete in a competitive athletic conference as a four year member of the varsity field hockey team. I was involved in several clubs and organizations like: National Honor Society, Student Council, Executive Homeroom, Green Club, World Language Club, and Future Nurses Club- which all provided me with so many unique experiences in which I learned more than I ever expected. The only thing that Hammonton High School should change is its grade scale outline. While some of my classes have been on the AP scale, they all haven't, and it's frustrating to know that my GPA could've been approximately a whole point higher if my high school was on the ten point scale like millions of others around the country.
Hammonton High School has been a great experience through my four years of learning. The teachers care about giving you the education you need to be successful in the future with college. They are always a helping hand whether it is tutoring or even just person things, they are there for anyone. Hammonton has many clubs, sports, and activities so that everyone finds their place. I have personally played basketball for the school and it was the best part of the year. Throughout my experience I would have to give Hammonton a pretty good rating considering every adult working there is greatly involved.
There are many things that Hammonton is good for. There are also many things Hammonton could change. The best part of Hammonton for me was being able to take multiple science electives, and being able to take more educational classes. Hammonton could definitely improve the dress code and the food. The dress cod is ridiculously insane. So many ridiculous rules, like no hoodies, no holes in jeans, no slides. Also, the food is pretty gross. It is ALWAYS chicken patty or “cheesesteaks”. And everything is frozen for weeks and half the time not even cooked through. So as I stated, Hammonton is good for many reasons, but also has its offsets.