Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Hammonton High School is an above average, public school located in Hammonton, NJ. It has 1,393 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Hammonton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+224 Students
- grade B173 Students
- grade A133 Students
- grade A minus77 Students
- grade A minus75 Students
- grade C59 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B54 Students
- grade A+49 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responses
- Saint Joe-Hammonton Thanksgiving football game28%
- Mr. Hammonton25%
- Green day festival. Hammonton carnival6%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,028 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Hammonton High School
- grade BSterling High School
- Public School
- Somerdale, NJ
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 231 reviews
- grade B+Delsea Regional High School
- Delsea Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 214 reviews
- grade BHighland Regional High School
- Black Horse Pike Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 191 reviews
- grade A minusCedar Creek High School
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 4.27 out of 5 176 reviews
Hammonton High School Reviews
Rating 3.74 out of 5 232 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I will never forget the memories I made getting involved in activities at Hammonton. I would always be in the color guard and in the Spring Musical every year and I will take those positive memories and lessons learned with me throughout my entire life and future career. There were a lot of teachers that helped shape my high school experience and some classes that helped me realize what I wanted to do with my life and go to college for. What I liked about Hammonton High School was the time I got to spend with my friends and doing some things I greatly enjoyed after school and even during classes. During my time there, we won our States competition in Marching Band and seeing the support from our school's community was something wonderful to see. One thing I would like to see change is how my school handled those wanting to see our guidance counselors. I wish there were more in-school options for those who want to talk about mental health, especially if they can't afford outside help.
Hammonton High School is a school that dedicates time to student oriented activities and academic advancements. As a member of the Hammonton School District, I can easily say that I have grown substantially as a student and also as a confident person. Hammonton's clubs and sports teams truly emphasize the importance of team work and inclusion. In my experience no one is left by themselves, and most students make a conscious effort to make students of all grade levels feel welcome. As a Freshmen, I never felt alienated from my senior teammates, rather I felt warmly welcomed to my high school. Although I feel Hammonton High School is a generally good school, I do believe it can do better with bullying and alienation outside of clubs and activities in the school halls. There were instances where I have witnessed, or myself have experienced, teasing based on sexuality and/or social status.
Hammonton High School is a very good, safe, and intellectual school in my opinion. I have been a student there for four years now, and there is very few complaints that I have about it. I am very glad that AP classes are offered there, as they help me further my education and prepare for college. There are also many clubs and activities offered, which is nice, and there is a lot of school spirit and school events hosted there. My one recommendation is that the building and the Chromebooks are getting a little old and need repairs, so more funding to my school would be nice. Overall, Hammonton High School is an exceptional school.