Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Hammondsport Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Hammondsport, NY. It has 197 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Hammondsport Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B14 Students
- grade C+13 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade A minus7 Students
- grade A+6 Students
- grade B minus5 Students
- grade B5 Students
- grade A5 Students
- grade A minus4 Students
- grade B+4 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Spirit Week33%
- Our fall pep rally17%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$26,269 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like Hammondsport Junior/Senior High School
- grade CCampbell-Savona Junior/Senior High School
- Campbell-Savona Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 26 reviews
- grade BHaverling Senior High School
- Bath Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade C+Avoca Central School
- Avoca Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade C minusDundee Junior/Senior High School
- Dundee Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 23 reviews
Hammondsport Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3 out of 5 28 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It gives a lot of opportunities for students to succeed. Parents are usually involved when someone is being bullied. Anything could put a target on your back. Mostly the school is good, but the people suck.
Wonderful school, helped so much throughout my time there and even now while I'm attending college. They made multiple scholarships available to apply for, and actually show how much they about their students.
Ultimately, everything inside and out of my school is astounding. The teachers are very understanding and supportive which is a huge positive output. However being such a small school, 33 in my graduating class, there are less opportunities for classes to take.