Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hamlin High School is an above average, public school located in Hamlin, TX. It has 161 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Hamlin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-57 Students
- A-54 Students
- B+36 Students
- B35 Students
- B-34 Students
- A30 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+28 Students
- A27 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Hamlin High School Reviews
It's a decent school! I love it here, but then again I have lived here my whole life so I may be biased. My only problems with the school is that they wait last minute for almost anything and will choose sports over academics anytime. They will get rid of good teachers just to have more coaches, which would be understable if they were just as good but they aren't. I think we learn enough though, maybe just perpare us for college and the real world more.
My experience at Hamlin High was great. I had great teachers and small classes. That is what was best about the school, not too many student in a class allowed the teacher to help us individually if needed and allowed us to get the best learning experience. It has changed since I’ve graduated, but the changes are good. The changes the school district is making, is only giving the students the more opportunities to succeed in life.
I attended Hamlin High School for four years. The teachers are great at what they do. Hamlin High has a few improvements to complete. For Example, they should offer the students a more advanced curriculum, and they need to help prepare students for college. Also, they need to expose the students to colleges more and guide the students when it comes to finding ways to fund their future college expenses. Hamlin High has extracurricular activities to participate in, but it could offer more.