Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in South Hamilton, MA. It has 625 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A63 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- A-37 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- A-23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- ANewburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 70 reviews
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 44 reviews
- AMasconomet Regional High School
- Masconomet Public Schools, MA
- 243 reviews
- A-North Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 111 reviews
Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School Reviews
Pretty great school, but there are definitely some things that could be better. The food that is served is way overpriced and usually not very good. It is not a very diverse school, but nobody really complains about that. Most of the faculty and staff are great and really care about the students and their education. The sports are great with at least one team going to tournament almost every season. This might be one of the safest schools in the country, being in such a nice community with emergency services close by and ready to respond in the rare case of an emergency. The facilities are pretty well taken care of and the custodians are pretty cool. I can not imagine going to any other high school.
The four years that I attended Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School were the best four years of my life. Everyday I was excited to go to school, see my friends, and go to class. I was heavily involved in athletics at Hamilton-Wenham and due to that involvement I have made many friends who will be friends for life. The school community was very close together throughout the whole school. Everyone was friendly with everyone else and it was small enough so you got to know everyone pretty well. If I had the opportunity to go back to high school again I would choose Hamilton-Wenham every single time.
Attending HW Regional High School has prepared me well for college. I know that the curriculum, although difficult, has made me a better student.