Hamilton Southeastern High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fishers, IN. It has 3,019 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Hamilton Southeastern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A555 Students
- A+430 Students
- B+398 Students
- A-224 Students
- B-124 Students
- A-83 Students
- B80 Students
- A-75 Students
- B+74 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 177 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.96 responses
Schools like Hamilton Southeastern High School
- A+Fishers High School
- Hamilton Southeastern School District, IN
- 565 reviews
- AWestfield High School
- Westfield-Washington Schools, IN
- 328 reviews
- A-Noblesville High School
- Noblesville Schools, IN
- 559 reviews
- A+Carmel High School
- Carmel Clay Schools, IN
- 940 reviews
Hamilton Southeastern High School Reviews
Great school and teachers! HSE is a great way to be prepared for college. The size of this school is huge which makes you more responsible so you can make it to your classes on time. There are so many things you can take part in, so it is not hard to find out what is the best fit for you. Even as someone who has not always gone to HSE, I would say this school has given me many opportunities which I couldn't be more thankful for.
I'm now halfway through college as a biology major. HSE set me up for success in a way that a lot of my current classmates' schools did not. There were a lot of courses that other schools do not offer that made my college experience easier. The teachers clearly knew how to transition students into higher education. I only know of a couple people that did not go on to college. I was also in athletics as a cheerleader. The athletic department still has some way to go in recognizing cheerleading as a sport on par with other sports, but my coaches were great leaders and role models. Overall, I have a lot of great memories with my teammates and classmates. I'm excited for our first reunion already!
A Student can pursue many avenues of specialized study (I.e. Medicine, Engineering or Teaching). There is even a well balanced course offering for students not wanting to pursue college and obtain craft skills. The environment created allows students to achieve their dreams while respecting their comfort zone. The choices are bountiful and expose the Students toward discovering the possibilities of their future (especially the undecided). The choice is up to each Student. Go for it and you may be surprised.