Hamilton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sussex, WI. It has 1,492 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- B139 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-81 Students
- A-68 Students
- B61 Students
- B60 Students
- B+52 Students
- B+44 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Hamilton High School
- AKettle Moraine High School
- Kettle Moraine School District, WI
- 220 reviews
- A+Pewaukee High School
- Pewaukee School District, WI
- 229 reviews
- AMenomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls School District, WI
- 243 reviews
- AMuskego High School
- Muskego-Norway School District, WI
- 257 reviews
Hamilton High School Reviews
Overall my experience at Sussex Hamilton High School was decent. Here and there you’ll get a few bad teachers, but mostly there are average or above average teachers. The food is not amazing, most students bring their own lunches, and the gym facilities are in need of upgrade.
Hamilton prepares students well for after-high school life. The classes, especially honors and AP, are difficult, but most students go on to college and do quite well. There are lots of resources to succeed if you look! Most teachers genuinely care about their student's learning and will stay after school to help. The administration can be kind of strict about stupid rules but that's not uncommon at most schools. Overall, I enjoyed my time here.
Hamilton High School is a great school for anyone who values academics and wants to go to college. There are a variety of classes to choose from, and in every one the teachers push students to put forth maximum effort. There is also a large number of non-academic opportunities that accommodate for everyone. From athletics to a wide option of school clubs, there’s something for everyone at Hamilton High School.