Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Hamilton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Sussex, WI. It has 1,458 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 48% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+235 Students
- grade B160 Students
- grade A128 Students
- grade A minus91 Students
- grade A minus75 Students
- grade B minus70 Students
- grade B66 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade A48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responses
- Pep Rally26%
- Spirit Week24%
- Football games14%
- Cheering at the football games!11%
- Cross Country2%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,241 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 33 responses
Schools like Hamilton High School
- grade A minusKettle Moraine High School
- Kettle Moraine School District, WI
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 223 reviews
- grade A+Pewaukee High School
- Pewaukee School District, WI
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 240 reviews
- grade AMenomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls School District, WI
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 249 reviews
- grade AMuskego High School
- Muskego-Norway School District, WI
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 263 reviews
Hamilton High School Reviews
Rating 3.63 out of 5 219 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Hamilton offered many opportunities for me to find my passion and learn new things. First of all, there are good classes like Anatomy and AP Bio that helped me discover the things I am interested in. Also, most teachers are very caring and actually want to help their students. However, Hamilton focuses mainly on their sports, rather than academics. They want their kids to work hard academically, but they don't reward those kids. For example, I have had perfect attendance for 5 years and I was never recognized for it. Athletes at Hamilton get their entire locker decorated just for being in a sport, they get marches down the hallway, and you hear their name on the announcements a lot. There's this one basketball player that can leave class early to work on social media related things, while I am the Public Relations Coordinator for a health professionals club and I was never offered such a thing. I wouldn't ask to be in any other school, I just think that some things could be improved.
I really enjoyed most my time at Hamilton High School. Most teachers were fun and actually made class entertaining and enjoyable. My favorite part about Hamilton is that there were teachers of all different personalities and teaching styles. This made it extremely helpful for students to pick teachers who were adaptive to their learning style. The one part Hamilton could have worked better on was it’s communication within the student services department.
Overall my experience at Sussex Hamilton High School was decent. Here and there you’ll get a few bad teachers, but mostly there are average or above average teachers. The food is not amazing, most students bring their own lunches, and the gym facilities are in need of upgrade.