Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B89 Students
- A+48 Students
- A-45 Students
- C+43 Students
- A40 Students
- B24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-17 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Hamilton High School Reviews
Review Hamilton High School
Hamilton High is not a bad school at all. For example the teachers are very friendly and make you feel welcomed it's just some of the students that go there. Last year, my freshmen year, tons of people got into fights and kids talked back to the teachers very rudely. What I'm saying is it's some of the students that go there that ruin the fun in the school and they mostly tend to be the ones who don't care about learning anything. I would choose this school again because like I said before the teachers are very kind they make you want to learn. I just feel like this school could do better with more rules but no uniforms! They should just have more strict rules especially with those hall way skippers. They do have tons of sports and clubs to join so that's pretty amazing to me. I didn't join anything freshmen year but I'm planning on joining more clubs or sports this upcoming year. This school isn't so bad it's just the students who decide to give it a bad reputation by acting out.
They have many clubs and tutoring sessions after school. Most people don't go because they usually need a ride home afterwards but this year I'll start going more. They have all types of clubs like Asian club (you do not have to be Asian) , science club, Drama Club, Student Council and they have after school tutoring if you really need it. I'd still go and get my homework done there in case of any questions. They have lots of clubs to join in and you never know how nice they are until you join! They do offer you to stay later after school for help if you desire it. Otherwise the clubs are great!
My experience at Hamilton was interestring, I came to the school after already attending two different high schools. I was surprised to see how many kids it was and blown away how big the school was. Academically I feel Hamilton needs to challenge their kids more. I'm a Senior and I feel only AP classes challenge students. Culturally the school is very diverse, but you see a lot of students take education not that serious which is disheartening. You come from a city where it really looks like their is no hope for, and as an inner city student you want other kids just like you in the same city to do better and want better because education can take you very far in life. My experience with teachers where great, all my teachers pushed me, because they know I want more for myself then to just be average. My Guidance counselor for my Senior year was absolutely fantastic she pushed me more then just about anybody in my life.