Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Hamilton High School is an above average, public school located in Hamilton City, CA. It has 290 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+49 Students
- A38 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-28 Students
- C+24 Students
- A+23 Students
- B21 Students
- B-21 Students
- A19 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Hamilton High School
- BDurham High School
- Durham Unified School District, CA
- 53 reviews
- BOrland High School
- Orland Joint Unified School District, CA
- 123 reviews
- B-Corning High School
- Corning Union High School District, CA
- 75 reviews
- APleasant Valley High School
- Chico Unified School District, CA
- 238 reviews
Hamilton High School Reviews
My experience at Hamilton High School has been average. It is not like the movies at all, but that is a good thing. High school comes with big responsibilities, but there is also stress and dead lines. the teachers were understanding and would help with many things, as corrections on essays, time to retake tests to improve grades and have workshops for us students who do not know how to complete a college application or scholarship and most importantly how to fill out the FAFSA.
Hamilton high tried to be an excellent learning experience. However, to achieve high test scores they cater to people who are not as smart. So, students who know the material are constantly bored and wishing it was more difficult. This also does not prepare you for college since college is difficult and does not care if everyone can complete work.
Hamilton high school is a secluded school. The small class sizes lead to getting into in depth discussion with your teachers and getting to know the material better. Although a small school can have many benefits it has its downfalls such as a cramped little band room and no lockers unless your in pe. The food has been getting alot better lately with new items being added to the menu.