Hamilton High School is an above average, public school located in Hamilton, AL. It has 525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- B-55 Students
- A51 Students
- A42 Students
- A39 Students
- A34 Students
- A-27 Students
- B20 Students
- B17 Students
- B15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Hamilton High School Reviews
This is a school in a low income area and they need more resources: books, technology, arts programs, more sports, etc. It is sad that we have to have a snack bar to have toilet paper and other supplies. HIgher education is not important to many here. They focus on technical schools and jobs rather than 4 year college resources.
I think Hamilton High School is an average school that does somethings right but could use improvements in other fields. The teachers are top quality and eager to help you succeed and make you college ready but the school comes up short for other aspects such as sports, diversity, and facilities.
Hamilton High School has one goal and that is preparing its students for the future. At Hamilton High School, the faculty and teachers are dedicated to helping each student reach their full potential. Our Principal cares about each student and tries to encourage everyone daily. Hamilton High School has had many successful graduates and also has had many students that have tested with a 30 or better on their ACT scores. Hamilton High School is ranked high among schools in our area for academic achievements. HHS comes from a long history of proud alumni. The staff at the school takes safety seriously. We have drills and also hold assembly to discuss safety concerns. We feel completely safe at HHS.