Hamilton High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A771 Students
- A-491 Students
- B+357 Students
- B+162 Students
- B160 Students
- A+139 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+101 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.100 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.100 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.95 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.146 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.146 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.146 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.154 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.154 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.154 responses
Hamilton High School Reviews
Review Hamilton High School
I love Hamilton! The teachers and students are great, the principal's very much involved, and security always helps me feel safe. Though there have been a few low points (especially in the death of the arts program), overall, I have enjoyed Hamilton immensely.
I enjoyed my 4 years at Hamilton High School. I would say it's pretty typical school, but with 4,000 students. The school opened in 1998, so it's relatively new and has excelled athletically and academically. It has been ranked one of the top public schools in Arizona and nearly every sports program is a state championship contender. The curriculum is quite open, with many electives and courses to help students see what they enjoy. There are also numerous AP and Honors classes if the students wishes to push themselves. There are college readiness standards intertwined into the curriculum, and numerous counselors to stay on top of students and make sure everyone graduates. It is a bit crowded, and multiple mobiles/ new buildings have been added. There is also a shortage in funding, so teachers don't have enough books and have to share classrooms. The school culture is fairly typical, and there is a sense of competition against other schools.
I am currently a Junior in Hamilton High School. Hamilton High is a excellent school with students determined to improve on themselves and always striving to overcome the impossible. Although, at first for freshmen year I went to a different school, Chandler High School. Before switching to Hamilton High as I was soon realized how they had differed in dynamics from one another. Only being 4 miles away Hamilton was more academically challenging, focusing mainly on college readiness and overall had a better friendlier environment. Generally speaking Hamilton High School is a great school welcoming from all kinds of backgrounds and religious beliefs. In which it is not only a school but also a home for people to be supported and individually determined for their future.