- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B+
The Hamden Hall Experience starts with academic excellence as enhanced by our dynamic learning environment and fostered by our esteemed faculty. Our core values - excellence, support, participation, accountability, and respect - are interwoven in that overarching experience and are integral to the academic growth and success of every student.
From the school's notable beginnings in 1912 as the nation's fourth country day school to its current standing as a hallmark of excellence, Hamden Hall continues to embrace the spirit of family and community that has defined the campus since its opening days.
Our first priority is offering a rigorous curriculum that challenges students academically. But our involvement in our students’ well-being and preparation for the world beyond our halls doesn’t end there. We also care about our students and the adults they become.
We are a PreSchool through Grade 12 community.
Hamden Hall Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A48 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade A28 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade A+23 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A+21 Students
- grade A+20 Students
The Arts at Hamden Hall
The Arts at Hamden Hall are state and nationally recognized. Our esteemed Music Department under the direction of Mr. Matthew Harrison (B.M. James Madison University; M.M. The New England Conservatory) had the largest number of students selected to the prestigious Southern Regional Choir and Orchestra from among the various public and private schools in the region during the 2019-2020 year.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
- Coffee House20%
- Football games18%
- Basketball Games4%
- Lower School Mentor Program4%
- Spirit Week4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- Offers Full WeekNo data available
- Offers Part WeekNo data available
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayNo data available
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C
Hamden Hall Country Day School Reviews
- current 9th grader