Hamburg High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hamburg, NY. It has 1,132 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Hamburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-181 Students
- B88 Students
- C+60 Students
- B-59 Students
- B55 Students
- C+54 Students
- B51 Students
- A51 Students
- A-50 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Hamburg High School
- ALancaster High School
- Lancaster Central School District, NY
- 275 reviews
- AOrchard Park High School
- Orchard Park Central School District, NY
- 193 reviews
- B+Iroquois Senior High School
- Iroquois Central School District, NY
- 89 reviews
- BGriffith Institute High School
- Springville-Griffith Institute Central School District, NY
- 92 reviews
Hamburg High School Reviews
Overall, I really enjoyed my past four years at Hamburg. It is a safe school, with lots of activities, and geniune teachers who are passionate about their job. There are certain teachers who do not care, but that is anywhere you go. Football games and clubs are a lot of fun, but it is up to the student to get involved. I would have liked more guidance from counselors/teachers/administration etc. My friends and I have had to do the entire college application process on our own and the guidance counselors are not good at their job. I have friends who do not want to go to college but do not know alternative job/education opportunities, due to the fact that no one told us about it. BOCES program is awesome for those who want to learn a trade or get a head start on what they are going to study in college, but it is discouraged by teachers and not encouraged by counselors for some reason.
Hamburg High school has been cracking down on students vaping. They increased surveillance of the bathrooms and hallways, which I believe is a necessary step to discourage and hopefully stop this epidemic. I also appreciate that we have a safety patrol officer at our school, who makes me and certainly many students feel safe in an unsafe world. If I had to critique one thing about this school, it would be the use of the money that they are given. For example, they recently renovated our library, when many of the bathrooms and water fountains are almost rundown. I am very grateful to be going to this school.
My experience with Hamburg High School has been mostly good. There is very little diversity in the school, most students are Caucasian and our diversity really comes from the LGBTQ+ students in the school. Luckily, most teachers and students are pretty accepting and I haven't really experienced any difficulty with being LGBT from my peers until this year. Our school is still lacking in providing adequate protection and services for LGBT students such as protection against harassment and gender-neutral bathrooms, but the school as a whole is very safe and we have our own police officer in case of emergency. The majority of teachers are great at their job and are compassionate towards students so my academic experience was mostly positive. Overall, Hamburg High School is a pretty good school aside from a few flaws affecting the minorities.