Hamburg Area High School is a public school located in Hamburg, PA. It has 724 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Hamburg Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- B50 Students
- B35 Students
- A-34 Students
- B33 Students
- C+27 Students
- A27 Students
- A25 Students
- C23 Students
- C+22 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Hamburg Area High School
- B-Tulpehocken Junior/Senior High School
- Tulpehocken Area School District, PA
- 77 reviews
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- BTamaqua Area Senior High School
- Tamaqua Area School District, PA
- 65 reviews
- BGovernor Mifflin Senior High School
- Governor Mifflin School District, PA
- 98 reviews
Hamburg Area High School Reviews
This is, far and away, not the worst school in the county. I am incredibly grateful that I ended up living where I did when it came time to enroll in high school. That being said, the teachers and administration here are less than impressive. There are exceptions, of course; a few teachers here have changed my life for the better. Unfortunately, they are the exception, not the rule.
I've enjoyed my time at Hamburg Area High School, but I must admit that there was an obvious lack of school spirit in the building. There's also an odd grading scale to deal with while your there. Although, I did enjoy the fact that I could attend a nearby technical school while in attendance at the High School.
While attending Hamburg Area High School, I learned that everyone is different, though everyone needs to be treated the same. I appreciated the closeness the school had.