Hamady Community High School is a public, magnet school located in Flint, MI. It has 338 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Hamady Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B109 Students
- B-108 Students
- B94 Students
- A94 Students
- B-90 Students
- A+80 Students
- C78 Students
- B75 Students
- B+72 Students
- B57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Hamady Community High School
- NGAcademy West Alternative Education
- Westwood Heights Schools, MI
- C-Bendle High School
- Bendle Public Schools, MI
- 71 reviews
- C-Southwestern Classical Academy
- Flint Public Schools, MI
- 178 reviews
- BLake Fenton High School
- Lake Fenton Community Schools, MI
- 75 reviews
Hamady Community High School Reviews
Hamady High School is a very good school for it to be near the inner city. As stated in its title, it is genuinely a community. Both the students and the staff are comfortable with each other. The environment is safe. Everything is usually in order. Yes, you have your typical high school conflicts but otherwise, I can say that this school is awesome!
Hamady high school is a good school , super safe. We have a great football and basketball team and many more sports. The middle school and upcoming freshmans are the only misbehaved students. There are more extra-curriculuar activities, and the administration has been diligent about creating a healthy climate. Its still room to grow though
Hamady is small so everyone knows everyone. You get to have a good connection with the teachers and students. There is a no tolerance for bullying and anything else uncivil. The teachers do their job well which is providing the students with literature and information for them to know by the end of the year. The curriculum is what hurts Hamady the most, it's very low when compared to its counterparts especially the ones out of the city limits. Hamady is a school that has mostly inner city minoritys . The school is great in sports and getting students involved in extracurricular activities. It's always something to do after school. Teachers will take time to help you after school if you are willing to learn. Overall the school is pretty decent for its size.