Halstead High School is a highly rated, public school located in Halstead, KS. It has 241 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Halstead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A38 Students
- B-31 Students
- A22 Students
- B15 Students
- B13 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+7 Students
- B7 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Halstead High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Halstead High School
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 110 reviews
- BMoundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 48 reviews
- A-Hesston High School
- Hesston Unified School District, KS
- 105 reviews
- BSedgwick High School
- Sedgwick Public Schools, KS
- 38 reviews
Halstead High School Reviews
My high school experience was like what everyone said it would be, it was dramatic and exciting. The classes I took were amazing like all the self-picked classes, but some of the teaching styles were odd and hard to follow. I will be taking mostly college classes the coming year and some of the classes I took prier didn't quite get me ready for the more complex classes. I had to take it upon myself to fill in all the blanks some of my teachers didn't fill to get me ready. But my overall high school experience couldn't have been any better for me.
Excellent if you like sports, but that's basically any high school. Fine arts programs don't get much priority but the teachers genuinely care about the success of their students.
Halstead is a small town with lots of support for the schools. The teachers and administrators have given me lots of support and have helped prepare me to transition to college. Halstead offers the standard sports (football, basketball, track, baseball, etc) and has several clubs/organizations to belong too, so there is something for everyone.