Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hallsville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hallsville, TX. It has 1,464 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Hallsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+175 Students
- B148 Students
- A+141 Students
- C+140 Students
- A124 Students
- B114 Students
- B+85 Students
- C78 Students
- A-77 Students
- A68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Hallsville High School
- A-Spring Hill High School
- Spring Hill Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
- B+White Oak High School
- White Oak Independent School District, TX
- 58 reviews
- B-New Diana High School
- New Diana Independent School District, TX
- 80 reviews
- B+Longview High School
- Longview Independent School District, TX
- 229 reviews
Hallsville High School Reviews
Hallsville High School has been a wonderful high school experience that has created memories and friendships. Education is something that has been Top Ranked in the state of Texas. teachers there have created a great relationship with the students, as well as still meeting the needs for the education for others. Hallsville has also created a safe place to feel comfortable, and has practiced drills to be completely aware if something happens. Hallsville has developed a great way for others to stay connected in their school though many activities whether its fine arts, the sports program, Honor Society, Student Council, and more! However, Hallsville High School mainly focuses on the sports organizations and doesn't quite give the time of effort on other activities that are acceding (like Band or Art clubs) too. Another downfall for Hallsville High School is that the diversity is very low. This school mainly consists of caucasian people and very few of african/asian/mexican people.
I moved to Hallsville High School district in fourth grade and I have enjoyed it much more than my old school in almost every way. There are so many opportunities at this school that have allowed me to be who I am today. Besides academics, the environment is also wonderful. I was easily able to make new friends and everyone was welcoming. Counselors are also a great help and I cannot express that enough! I visit my counselors multiple times for any questions or concerns I may have and they always have the best advice. However, there is one thing that I would like to see change and it's the bathrooms and facilities. Sometimes there are no paper towels, the stalls will have no toilet paper, or the stalls will have a problem with them. There's often a smell as well in some restrooms. I think the bathroom and cleanliness could be improved. Besides that, this school is overall amazing.
During my time at Hallsville High School, I have been able to see such an impact in a small community. From being involved in several organizations and clubs in the high school, I have seen many students and staff pour into individuals around me. As a part of NHS, our sponsor Mrs. Roberts, has played a huge role in reaching out to the community and making sure her students are well prepared for service. Also, I have been a member of Z-Club for a total of 3 years, as well as NHS, and I have participated in many acts of kindess and fundraisers. Being a part of the Bobcat Belles has also given me a reason to show true dedication and school spirit. It allows me to lead by example and show how are school shines for more over the others. Overall, Hallsville High School has done an amazing job choosing their staff and making sure all students receive the best education possible. I would not change one thing about my high school experience.