Halls High School is a highly rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,233 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Halls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-221 Students
- B75 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-56 Students
- B53 Students
- B48 Students
- A+41 Students
- B32 Students
- B31 Students
- C+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Halls High School Reviews
Halls High School is an okay public institution. It is old, somewhat dingy, underfunded, and really struggles in the diversity department. To counteract this, the teachers, for the most part, are wonderful and caring. Because of this, I feel that I was adequately prepared to enter college, and I graduated with almost a full semester worth of college credits. Take dual enrollment classes if available!
Halls High School has been a home to me for the last four years. The marching band program helped develop me into a young woman and gave me the necessary skills to progress in life, with humility, pride, and discipline. Even though we lack resources, we get the job done. Behind us, a helpful and ready staff that pushed us to graduation and beyond. How could a school with the smallest band room in Knox county win the Southern State Championships in 2015? How could such a place get high scores on tests? Our passion, pride, and drive. Halls has it.
Halls High School is a very different school. Halls is a mixing pot of ethnicity, religion, and political views. We have some of the best staff and faculty in the entire county, along with some of the best spirit. Halls is notorious for our student sections, our pride, and our helpful community. Personally, there is no better place to attend as High School student. There's always teachers and peers willing to help those in need, and correct any mistakes made within our school walls. In addition to this, our extracurricular activities are outstanding, and draw students from neighboring schools. Halls is the best school system in Knox County.