Halls High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-174 Students
- B-57 Students
- C+55 Students
- B43 Students
- B-39 Students
- C+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B27 Students
- B23 Students
- B+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Halls High School Reviews
Halls High School is a very different school. Halls is a mixing pot of ethnicity, religion, and political views. We have some of the best staff and faculty in the entire county, along with some of the best spirit. Halls is notorious for our student sections, our pride, and our helpful community. Personally, there is no better place to attend as High School student. There's always teachers and peers willing to help those in need, and correct any mistakes made within our school walls. In addition to this, our extracurricular activities are outstanding, and draw students from neighboring schools. Halls is the best school system in Knox County.
Teachers at Halls High are very knowledgeable and are qualified to teach their courses. I would say most teacher do try their best to engage and educate every student on a personal level. I do however have a bias because the core courses I am enrolled in are AP and honors. I feel as though teachers are certainly more attentive and engaging with these students because they feel the student's readiness and willingness to learn. Most teachers incorporate technology into the classroom as well as different teaching styles into the classroom such as group work, lectures, along with a student led classroom where the teachers only prompts thinking and ensures a safe learning environment. Teachers are fair in grading and do not provide grades that are not learned. There communication skills are fair to strong which allow students to be open with concerns about their concerns or grades. Overall the teachers provide a safe and open learning environment in which students are free and encouraged to learn.
Overall, the academic experience at this school is one I appreciate but would have not been possible without the guidance of caring honors and AP teachers. There are plenty of outlets for each students to express themselves in. The teachers and students are encouraged by administration and peer tutoring is now a regular activity which has certainly integrated different walks of people throughout the school. Athletics are entertaining and inclusive and there is never a hostile environment in school. Overall the teachers investment in their students as well as their ability to run an open but still effective classroom setting would make me choose the school again.