Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Hallettsville High School is an above average, public school located in Hallettsville, TX. It has 364 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Hallettsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-46 Students
- B+43 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-38 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-23 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Hallettsville High School
- B+Shiner High School
- Shiner Independent School District, TX
- 22 reviews
- B-Yoakum High School
- Yoakum Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
- BMoulton High School
- Moulton Independent School District, TX
- 5 reviews
- B-Schulenburg Secondary School
- Schulenburg Independent School District, TX
- 33 reviews
Hallettsville High School Reviews
Hallettsville High School has some good qualities. It has plenty of school-wide organizations that everyone can be part of and it has a variety of different electives to take. Where there is good there is also bad. One thing this school likes to hold above everything else is boy's athletics. The schedule must conform to when their games and practices are and teachers must make sure the stud athletes are passing, whether or not they are actually trying in class. They get placed above all other organizations and must miss other school contests when they have an after school practice.
A very small high school, which is great for student-teacher communication. You are also able to know all those inside the walls of the building and build great relationships that will last a lifetime. However, student drama is a major factor since it is such a small school. It seems like almost everyone knows your personal life better than you yourself do. The academics are great here though. If you ever have a question on a homework problem, you can always count on a teacher to be there to explain the entire problem to you in a way you can understand it.
It's alright going to school here. There isn't a lot of diversity here, the school is mainly white. Our school can also be very ignorant. A lot of people here are close-minded.