Hall High School is a top rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,447 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A385 Students
- A+134 Students
- A121 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+100 Students
- B-96 Students
- B82 Students
- A+80 Students
- B77 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Hall High School
- A+Conard High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 299 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 230 reviews
- ASouth Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 180 reviews
- A-Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 125 reviews
Hall High School Reviews
The school has excellent academics, great sports and fabulous arts programs to give every student something to do. There is a wide range of language classes available for students to take, including Latin, Chinese, Spanish and French! All the teachers are awesome, and they are truly invested in the students growth and learning. Teachers are always willing to put in extra work to help a student succeed, no kid is forgotten about in the classroom. This school helped prepare me for college in so many ways, making the transition very easy. The classes are difficult but manageable, they really hep prepare the students for college from the beginning of 9th grade.
Not a lot of connection between faculty and students. Make the student faculty committee a bigger deal! Also, the bathroom issue needs solving.
Hall has a very comfortable environment for learning and making new connections. Teachers are helpful in guiding students along, and rigorous courses challenge students to develop important skills. Hall also offers a wide array of AP classes, which is something not every high school has. This creates better opportunity for students to be prepared for college courses, and also instills stronger work ethic. Lastly, Hall has a very large selection of clubs, but I would like to see more clubs that will hold significance when applying to colleges. For example, we have clubs like Model UN and National Art Honors Society, and I think these are the kinds of clubs to which should be paid more attention.