Hall High School is a top rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,463 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-314 Students
- A+105 Students
- A94 Students
- A+90 Students
- B-88 Students
- B82 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+64 Students
- B62 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Hall High School
- A+Conard High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 286 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 213 reviews
- ASouth Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 167 reviews
- A-Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 117 reviews
Hall High School Reviews
If you are looking for community, Hall is a good place to find it. Because of the countless clubs, communities, and other various extracurricular activities, finding a group of quality friends and good interactions is easy, even for those who normally would have trouble. The bathrooms are absolutely disgusting and it's not uncommon for several things to be broken in them. If you happen to be transgender then the only gender neutral restrooms are far away from everything, so it's almost a given that you'll miss a lot more going to the bathroom than if you were cisgender. The classrooms are pretty nice and the technology is up to date and useful.
I am currently a senior at Hall High School. For the most part Hall has treated me very well. MY teachers have all been great and I have formed relationships with them that I will cherish forever. I am sad to be leaving this year, however, it's time. I was a Jazz dancer at hall and performed for many years in their annual show Pops N' Jazz. Its an amazing show with amazing singers dancers and the band is crazy good. They play all of the music live and we occasionally invite guest artists to perform with us. This year we had Marcus Printup form Jazz at Lincoln Center perform with us. It was an Honor.
I would like to see a more activities in the school because from my personal experience attending this school, there was a lack of activities that made everyone to be involved. Also I would like to see diversity in the classrooms because there's a lack of diversity in the classrooms. Although, it may have a lack of diversity the clubs and sports have diversity.