Hall High School is a highly rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,437 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-288 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+87 Students
- B-86 Students
- A84 Students
- B74 Students
- A+62 Students
- B+62 Students
- A+62 Students
- B53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Hall High School
- A+Conard High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 277 reviews
- AFarmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 207 reviews
- A-South Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 162 reviews
- B+Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 113 reviews
Hall High School Reviews
If you are looking for community, Hall is a good place to find it. Because of the countless clubs, communities, and other various extracurricular activities, finding a group of quality friends and good interactions is easy, even for those who normally would have trouble. The bathrooms are absolutely disgusting and it's not uncommon for several things to be broken in them. If you happen to be transgender then the only gender neutral restrooms are far away from everything, so it's almost a given that you'll miss a lot more going to the bathroom than if you were cisgender. The classrooms are pretty nice and the technology is up to date and useful.
I had a great experience as a student at Hall High School. There were lots of varied clubs and activities so that everyone found something to be a part of. It was also relatively easy to form new clubs. Apart from clubs, we also had different classes in all areas. We were also offered a large number of AP classes and even college classes that we could receive credits for. The environment was very secure and I never felt unsafe during my years at Hall. The teachers were great at their job and the counselors were very helpful, specially during the college application process.
As much as my education from HHS has shaped the opportunities that I have been given for the better, as I currently attend a well-respected top college, many of my peers, especially those students of color did not have the same advantages and opportunities as me to take and excel in upper level classes.