Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-242 Students
- C+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+72 Students
- A67 Students
- B57 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 54 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Hall High School Reviews
Review Hall High School
Hall High is allegedly one of the best schools in CT. There is a diverse pool of courses and a diverse student body. Most people in my school seem tolerant, and the staff is willing to help everyone whether the issue be academic or social. I myself have never experienced any social injustice, but there is an underlying bullying crisis in Hall, which has resulted in a suicide within the past year. I have also heard of many students taking recreational marijuana. Foul language and rude behavior is prevalent. We also have another school in our town, and once in a while, things get physical between the rival sports teams.
I had a great experience as a student at Hall High School. There were lots of varied clubs and activities so that everyone found something to be a part of. It was also relatively easy to form new clubs. Apart from clubs, we also had different classes in all areas. We were also offered a large number of AP classes and even college classes that we could receive credits for. The environment was very secure and I never felt unsafe during my years at Hall. The teachers were great at their job and the counselors were very helpful, specially during the college application process.
This school is really in need of maintenance. Our rival school is 5 times cleaner than ours. There's a lot of racial diversity but races tend to clump into their own little cliques. I'm not involved in any of them, but I've seen them. My parents also comment that several students loiter and are milling around the school during classes, and not just a few. And there has been incidents, such as people taking drugs onto a school field trip, bullying and harassing, and students who disrupt the class often that aren't well enough taken care of. I have not been a victim of bullying, but I have seen some pushing and shoving, and I have heard of incidents, including the infamous basketball brawl between my school and our rival school. There's a lot more I can say, but I shouldn't leave out the good things, like there are some good teachers (the rest are average or downright hated because of some little actions they did), and they do fun things with us.