Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Hall High School is a top rated, public school located in West Hartford, CT. It has 1,522 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A472 Students
- A+169 Students
- A147 Students
- B-120 Students
- A+118 Students
- B-118 Students
- A+102 Students
- B101 Students
- A+94 Students
- B89 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Hall High School
- A+Conard High School
- West Hartford School District, CT
- 318 reviews
- A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- 251 reviews
- A-South Windsor High School
- South Windsor School District, CT
- 208 reviews
- A-Rocky Hill High School
- Rocky Hill School District, CT
- 141 reviews
Hall High School Reviews
I would say I definitely enjoyed my experience at Hall High School. My four years went by way too fast, and I wish I had more time to relive the high school experience. I think Hall has a solid community filled with great, hardworking students and parents that support them. Overall I think it's a great culture that will continue for years to come. Personally, I competed in athletics all 12 seasons so sports was a huge part of my Hall experience. In regards to that, every season I experienced was fulfilling and fun. My experiences have overall been positive, but there are definitely things I would change. For one, I would have more fun and exciting things to do during the school year that high schoolers would actually attend. I would also encourage the teachers and administration to not shove their own political agendas down their students throats, because that can be quite annoying. Overall, however, Hall has set me up great for college and the rest of my life.
What I like about Hall High is the readiness for teachers to help their students. They tend to give options on how they can get them ready for tests and to help them understand better. Although there are some teachers that are disengaging and makes the topic uninteresting, I feel like personally, I could work with the things I have. However, like many other students, we can feel limited and apathetic towards our “education”. I have seen many burned out with AP classes for the sake of being more eligible to colleges, along with other responsibilities like work that topple into only 4-5 hours of sleep. Although I don’t mind the work load (since I don’t overwhelm myself with AP classes), I know it would be more beneficial to lessen the homework so other students can work on more demanding tasks. Personally, I wish some topics weren’t a requirement for school, and instead focus on things that are more beneficial. For example, making it a requirement to learn about finance.
The school has excellent academics, great sports and fabulous arts programs to give every student something to do. There is a wide range of language classes available for students to take, including Latin, Chinese, Spanish and French! All the teachers are awesome, and they are truly invested in the students growth and learning. Teachers are always willing to put in extra work to help a student succeed, no kid is forgotten about in the classroom. This school helped prepare me for college in so many ways, making the transition very easy. The classes are difficult but manageable, they really hep prepare the students for college from the beginning of 9th grade.