Halifax County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+91 Students
- B67 Students
- A+63 Students
- A57 Students
- B56 Students
- A-51 Students
- A+49 Students
- B46 Students
- A-38 Students
- C37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Halifax County High School Reviews
Review Halifax County High School
Great teachers and education programs. Love the on campus college credit courses! School lunch does need some work, but students are given a lot of options. Teachers are willing to stay late and help students. Parents are interactive within the school. Clubs and teams are well organized and fun.
Halifax County High School has its pros and cons. First of all, the faculty, staff, and administration are very kind. They all want the best for every student at that school. They are very helpful and they always try to cooperate with students. The subjects are well taught for the most part. The teachers cover the material with enthusiasm and in a way that makes learning fun. There are a few bad things about the school. The students of the school aren't the best. Students smoke in some of the bathrooms. People leave trash wherever they please. Students have no respect for the teachers. We need more discipline in Halifax County High School. Overall, the school is a pretty nice school.
Most of my teachers at Halifax County High School were extremely interested in the topics they were teaching and seemed to have a strong drive to educate. Technology was not endorsed in many of my classes throughout ninth and tenth grade, but it slowly made a more prominent appearance in my later years of attendance. Many of my teachers did not want to use the technology our administration attempted to enforce. Halifax County High seems to lack in engaging lessons because a lot of teachers are too focused on fitting in all of the material necessary for their students to past standardized tests occurring at the end of each core class. Overall, I believe the teachers in Halifax County High are okay. I was able to retain the knowledge I need to take with me to my future college classes.