Half Hollow Hills High School West is a top rated, public school located in Dix Hills, NY. It has 1,282 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Half Hollow Hills High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-151 Students
- A+135 Students
- A-131 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+96 Students
- A88 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+65 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Half Hollow Hills High School West
- A+Half Hollow Hills High School East
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District, NY
- 430 reviews
- A+Paul D. Schreiber Senior High School
- Port Washington Union Free School District, NY
- 206 reviews
- A+Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
- Plainview-Old Bethpage Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
- ASouth Side High School
- Rockville Centre Union Free School District, NY
- 178 reviews
Half Hollow Hills High School West Reviews
Highschool west is the best school I've ever been too. The school is extremely diverse with Race, Gender and Sexuality. And the school influences the creative of students and the arts. There's a club for everybody and everyone is extremely nice and outgoing. This school has definitely helped me grow as a person and help me discover who I am. I say that I have enjoyed my time at High School West so far!
Looking back on my experiences with High School West, it really was a great school. The variety of classes is incredible- there was always a class for everyone and classes at different levels that allowed you to tailor your education more to you and do more than just your core subjects. There are plenty of art, business, STEM electives and other courses that allow you to study whichever topic you're actually interested in and figure out what you want to do with your future. In general the teachers were incredibly nice and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in their classes. The only issues I had with the school were scheduling issues that generally got solved given some time.
My experience at Half Hollow Hills High School West has been amazing so far. I really enjoyed my time here. there were many things that made my time here quite great, ranging from the excellent teachers who know their material and teach them in a way so that us students can learn effectively and succeed, to the availability of many clubs that students can join, and to the many course offerings that the school gives to its students, allowing us to excel in classes that we want to be in. The school itself is smaller than most other schools, which allows a more personalized learning experience. One thing I would change in the school is just the size of the school itself, as I like to be in an environment with a large student population. However the size of my school is still good enough and not disruptive to the learning experience.