Haldane High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cold Spring, NY. It has 293 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Haldane High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+20 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A16 Students
- A15 Students
- A+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Haldane High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Haldane High School
- AYorktown High School
- Yorktown Central School District, NY
- 237 reviews
- A+Somers Senior High School
- Somers Central School District, NY
- 118 reviews
- A+Croton-Harmon High School
- Croton-Harmon Union Free School District, NY
- 152 reviews
- ACornwall Central High School
- Cornwall Central School District, NY
- 256 reviews
Haldane High School Reviews
Haldane High School has endlessly supportive teachers who really care about the curriculum which they are teaching. Most to go out of their way to make the curriculum engaging and to ensure that everyone understands the lesson. They expect greatness from you, but that's because they truly want you to succeed. As far as the community, most students are friendly with one another and it is not difficult to get along with most kids. The main focus as far as extracurricular activities go is on sports and theater. One of my complaints would be that the majority of the money went towards investing in the sports teams and equipment which benefited the athletes, while often the theater kids received only minimal funding for their projects. With that said, my time in Haldane drama has been mostly positive. In addition, there is an incredible abundance of student run clubs, so it is not too difficult to find one that interests you. Overall, I have really enjoyed my last four years here.
Haldane High School is a very small school, about 70 or less to each grade. Despite our size, there are tons of opportunities for everyone. Students are encouraged to participate in activities, to create their own clubs, and to join the National Honor Society. Recent popular clubs include Women Empowered and a Shakespeare club. We are a Blue Ribbon school that has a high rate of students who graduate and are accepted to college. The administration cares for its students and everyone knows everyone. This makes the environment personalized and inclusive. Most parents become involved with the Parent Teacher Association, which makes fund raising for school trips easier on the students and allows there to be more resources available. We are very well protected, as our school has an School Resource Officer to protect us if anything should go wrong. In case of an emergency, everyone follows procedure. The only thing I wish I could change is to add more racial diversity.
Haldane is a great school. However, the administration is not very transparent with the community. One good example was the recent firing of the High School Principal, done over night and without any justification to the parents and/or community. That is not acceptable. Also, the school has become in recent years like an episode of Big Little Lies, with niche driven parent groups, such as the Haldane School Foundation pushing liberal agendas and school changes (such as start times for High School).