Haddonfield Memorial High School is a top rated, public school located in HADDONFIELD, NJ. It has 822 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Haddonfield Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A91 Students
- A+89 Students
- A84 Students
- A68 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+53 Students
- A52 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Haddonfield Memorial High School
- A+Haverford Senior High School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 265 reviews
- A+Lower Moreland High School
- Lower Moreland Township School District, PA
- 108 reviews
- ASpringfield High School
- Springfield School District, PA
- 230 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 140 reviews
Haddonfield Memorial High School Reviews
My family moved to Haddonfield when our child was in 7th grade. The school facilities are very old and not up to date; especially for the taxes we spend yearly. The culture of the school is horrible. If you and your child are not sports fanatics, I would consider living elsewhere. There are almost no students of color and my child has told stories of often hearing other students making racist comments. If your child was not born here, don't expect them to be welcomed. The culture is very cliquey and petty. We made the decision to leave the town for another school district that was much more open and welcoming.
Haddonfield is known for its strong academics and sports programs, and for a good reason. The sports teams regularly win championships and overachieving is common amongst the students. If you're basing a school on how many people get into Ivies, many students do get into these prestigious colleges at Haddonfield. What sucks is that the music department is lacking in many areas. As a current student who is extremely involved in the music department, the difference between the amount of support for the music department and the sports department is obvious. Also, the amount of diversity in the school is dissapointing. However, besides these, the school is good at what it does.
Overall, my teachers made my high school experience the best I could have asked for. In each of my classes, I had a teacher who was passionate about the subject, my education, and was excited to help me learn. Knowing that there are people who genuinely care about my education and dedicate themselves to help me succeed makes going to school enjoyable. HMHS also implemented many activities to help create a stress free environment, such as wellness day and arts in the courtyard. I love going to a school where my health and experience are just as important as my grades and success.