Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Hackettstown High School is an above average, public school located in Hackettstown, NJ. It has 828 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Hackettstown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- B80 Students
- B+67 Students
- A-63 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+47 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-40 Students
- C39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Hackettstown High School
- C+Bangor Area High School
- Bangor Area School District, PA
- 170 reviews
- AMount Olive High School
- Mount Olive Township School District, NJ
- 377 reviews
- BWarren Hills Regional High School
- Warren Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 212 reviews
- BNorth Warren Regional High School
- Public School
- Blairstown, NJ
- 103 reviews
Hackettstown High School Reviews
The academics at the school are pretty average. Some teachers are great and very helpful, others are mediocre and poor. I'd say about 75% of the teachers will play favorites and not go out of their way for anyone else. There are some that are genuine and willing to not only be your mentor but also your friend. As for the administration, there have been some improvements over the past few years but they are still very misguided. They do not put enough money towards the things that really need it, such as hiring higher quality educators. They are too focused on additional security measures, which in some cases can be understandable but they have been going over the top. The administration does not ever listen to the students or consider what they want, even if they say they do through the student government. They also play favorites with certain students, mostly the high achievers. The communication between guidance and students is poor despite a small population.
My niece went to school today thinking it was going to be an ordinary day, but she was sent home because one of the students tested positive for COVID-19. Honestly, I am very angry. First of all, if you were receiving a TEST, then why would you come to school having the symptoms. I am blaming it on the parents of the girl and the school. I thought this was gonna much MUCH better, but instead, I got angry today. My poor niece now needs to stay in quarantine for 14 days. This is unacceptable. Please do something right for once, Hackettstown High School. XOXO, Your favorite Karen. No but seriously I'm dissapointed.
Hackettstown offers very decent academic courses that prepare students for college. AP and Honors classes are challenging enough to prepare students for college. There are several sports and arts for students to be involved in, however, there is a lack of clubs. Most teachers are engaged with their students and have invested interest in their success.