Habersham Central High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Airy, GA. It has 1,398 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Habersham Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+206 Students
- B168 Students
- B123 Students
- NG101 Students
- C+94 Students
- B+91 Students
- B78 Students
- B+75 Students
- A+70 Students
- B-60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Habersham Central High School
- NGHabersham Success Academy
- Habersham County Schools, GA
- B-Stephens County High School
- Stephens County Schools, GA
- 166 reviews
- BWhite County High School
- White County Schools, GA
- 42 reviews
- B-Banks County High School
- Banks County Schools, GA
- 89 reviews
Habersham Central High School Reviews
Habersham Central High School has a myriad of redeemable qualities, from it's amazing faculty and safety procedures to the teachers and fine arts departments. There are a few downsides, however. Due to the "Choose My Plate" requirements on school lunches, most portions are small and comparable to an elementary child's average lunch. The clubs, while interactive and fun, are more about advancing in life and in college rather than hobbies or interests of the students. A lot of these things could be changed easily but the school tends to focus more on safety and faculty issues than general student enjoyment.
As a senior, I’ve attended Habersham Central for almost three years now. I can say that my overall experience with my school has been overall very pleasant. I’ve enjoyed every year getting to make new friends and being open to new experiences. This will always be a place I will remember and associate with smiling faces and understanding teachers. Although one thing I would say I would change about the school is over having allowing students to have more time with their teachers and administrators, I feel a lot of the time I feel as if I’m not a priority or no time is being made, and just for the future I would just say it’s best to make time for upcoming students.
I have a lot of anxiety, but the teachers at Habersham Central have really helped me to feel at home. They also have an APEX counseling program, so I can see my therapist at school (basically no worries about missing appointments due to transportation issues). The faculty really cares about the students, and the student body itself is better than a lot of schools. Like all schools, we have the people who are not the best, but so many people that I have met have been exceedingly kind to me and open to my sexuality and mental illnesses.