Haas Hall Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A117 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+29 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+22 Students
- B19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B+17 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Haas Hall Academy
- A-Arkansas Arts Academy High School
- Public School
- Rogers, AR
- 29 reviews
- A+Bentonville High School
- Bentonville Public Schools, AR
- 661 reviews
- AFayetteville High School East
- Fayetteville School District, AR
- 305 reviews
- A-Prairie Grove High School
- Prairie Grove School District, AR
- 117 reviews
Haas Hall Academy Reviews
Review Haas Hall Academy
The teachers are for the most part amazing and do a great job with their classes. The workload is pretty intense, although most of it is necessary. As a college preparatory school, homework and tests are to be expected. The scheduling process has gone through many changes, but it has always been pretty difficult to get the classes you need and want. Popular classes are: AP Human Geography because everyone loves the teacher, and the content is interesting and fun, Journalism or Publications because the students like to be involved in those processes a little more, and AP Biology or Anatomy and Physiology because the subject covers topics useful for a pre-med major, which many students are looking forward to. There are options to go to a university near-by and take college classes, but no online alternatives are provided unless specifically needed by a student.
I switched to Haas Hall for my junior and senior year after attending a large high school in Springdale. I appreciate having the smaller class sizes and the individualized education. I don't suggest coming to Haas for the athletics. Though we do offer a diverse choice of sports, it could be better. That being said, Haas is proud of its academic rigor — and rightly so! A typical day in the classroom consists of course-related discussion and busy work is rare (and sometimes nonexistent in some classes). The teachers and faculty have (very) high expectations from the students, which can be motivating or frightening, so when you come to Haas, be prepared to work hard.
I have enjoyed my experience at Haas Hall, but I will caution anyone looking to attend that there are a few things to consider. There is no musical involvement, such as band or orchestra, available for scholars. There is also a lack of sports. Although it provides basketball, tennis, golf, bowling, cheer, and swimming, there is no football, soccer, softball, baseball, or volleyball. The academics are the main draw for Haas Hall because their academic superiority is well-known throughout the state. While the test scores and GPA's are amazing, there is an extreme amount of pressure on students to succeed, which can be good and bad depending on the student.