- Gwinnett County Public Schools
Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science & Technology Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+179 Students
- A+155 Students
- A+93 Students
- B+91 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science & Technology Reviews
Review Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science & Technology
GSMST is a very diverse and open-minded. The students and teachers here are very accepting of all races, religions, sexualities, and genders. Prejudice is not tolerated at all. GSMST is also a very rigorous school. Graduation requirements include: successfully completing a science fair project, a junior fellowship experience (semester-long internship), and a senior capstone experience (year-long internship), as well as having four elective units including two foreign language, five science units including chemistry, physics, and AP biology, four math units including AP calculus, four social studies units including AP macro- and micro- economics, and four language arts units including AP lang or lit. This is a hard school, but the perfect one for hardworking students, and it really prepares students for college.
Great school to send your child! You child would certainly come out of there FULLY prepared Academically and personally for any University challenge with ease! Yes, the school is challenging in the initial process as it is very demanding, but it is part of all the preparation process for the rigor of any University life.
GSMST is an especially unique school. It is extremely challenging and fast paced, but also very rewarding and helpful in all aspects. The academics are rigorous and a good work/study habit is required to succeed. The teachers are helpful, but also very busy. The overall culture is very diverse and supportive, although it can get very competitive. The one biggest change that GSMST needs is more sports inclusion because it has no official sports. All in all, this school is very stressful but with hard work and grit it pays off to be an unforgettable experience filled with amazing people.