Guy-Perkins High School
- GUY, AR
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Guy-Perkins High School is an above average, public school located in GUY, AR. It has 169 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Guy-Perkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B34 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B22 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade C+17 Students
- grade C+16 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A11 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade C+8 Students
View Homes Near Guy-Perkins High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Pep rallies12%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,515 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Guy-Perkins High School
- grade BQuitman High School
- Quitman School District, AR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade BNemo Vista High School
- Nemo Vista School District, AR
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade B minusRose Bud High School
- Rose Bud School District, AR
- Rating 3.43 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade BSouth Side High School
- South Side School District, AR
- Rating 4.5 out of 5 10 reviews
Guy-Perkins High School Reviews
Rating 4.19 out of 5 26 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I liked Guy Perkins when I went there (7-9). I liked how tight knit the community was. You felt like you were entering a family, not a school. Everyone took care of each other. The faculty was great. They worked well with what they had. They take the time to help and get to know their students. My teachers always encouraged me to challenge myself. The things is: there needs to be more teachers. When I went to Guy there was one teacher for the entire Science department. The downside of Guy is that it is very tiny and has very limited resources, most of which is directed to the athletic department. When I went there was little to no advanced classes or extracurriculars outside of sports and the required(FFA, FCCLA, FBLA, Yearbook, Band, etc.) As a person who wanted to take more challenging courses this was very disheartening and I was often bored during class.
Being a part of Guy-Perkins High School has been over all a wonderful experience for me. I've made so many friends and I have gained connections through school events that will last a life time. The teachers here have a genuine connection with each and every student which cannot be found just anywhere. We have had foreign exchange students to create diversity. The parents and community do anything and everything they can to help the students as well as the staff here. Our town motto is "Guy- A small town with a big heart" and this statement is demonstrated daily through the support given by each person in the community.
Well, this school isn't the best school in anything. They have teachers who treat you well, though, but that's about the only upside to this school other than small classes. The school doesn't focus on academics at all, really, and doesn't teach us about how the real world is going to be. I like it here because I've never been anywhere else, and I'm comfortable for the time being.