Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Gunnison Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Gunnison, UT. It has 326 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Gunnison Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus119 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade B+76 Students
- grade A59 Students
- grade B minus59 Students
- grade C+54 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade B minus35 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade B+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responses
- Manly Man Volleyball20%
- Bulldog's Got Talent17%
- Spirit Week10%
- Making blankets for the homeless7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,346 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Gunnison Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.51 out of 5 92 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love my school! I loved being involved with student council and all the sports and music programs. It may be only a 2A school, but I love how connected it feels. It feels like another family. Also our teacher are amazing! They are so helpful and I feel very ready for college. :)
I loved going to high school here! It’s my home town and I got to know many people! It’s a smaller school which fits me very well and it was easy to get involved. Something is like to see change is others getting involved in school spirit, and maybe a little less bad behavior. But, that’s hard to come by in a small community. Overall it was an amazing experience!
Gunnison Valley High School is a very student oriented school. Each member of the faculty and staff deeply care for each student and want them to succeed. There are specific times and days set up where you can get one on one tutoring if you are struggling to understand a difficult concept. One area where Gunnison High could improve would be in their recognition of all clubs. They recognize all of the sports, but do not give near as much acknowledgement in regards to clubs.