Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Gulfport High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gulfport, MS. It has 1,694 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 49% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Gulfport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+424 Students
- A-360 Students
- A-256 Students
- B205 Students
- B-197 Students
- B-116 Students
- A-99 Students
- A93 Students
- B-85 Students
- B77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Gulfport High School
- A-St. Martin High School
- Jackson County School District, MS
- 233 reviews
- ABiloxi High School
- Biloxi Public School District, MS
- 234 reviews
- A-Long Beach High School
- Long Beach School District, MS
- 114 reviews
- B+D'Iberville Senior High School
- Harrison County School District, MS
- 209 reviews
Gulfport High School Reviews
My experience at Gulfport High was amazing. I had so many opportunities to grow. The curriculum covers everything from vocational trades to middle college opportunities. I started my freshman year in choir and was able to advance and compete at the state level. I also had opportunities to travel to Hollywood, California and Orlando, Florida. In my sophomore year, I took interest in DECA, debate, youth legislature and Spanish. These extra curriculum programs provided additional opportunities for me to compete on state and national levels. I was also able to challenge myself academically. This placed me in position to get accepted into every college that i applied to and ultimately getting accepted to my number 1 choice Morehouse in Atlanta, Georgia.
Gulfport High School is excellent, from the principles to the counselors to the teachers. All of the staff members want what's best for the students. Not only do students receive a basic education but also an advanced education . Gulfport High gave me the opportunity to take advanced classes, college courses for both Jefferson Davis Community College and Gulfport High School, middle college (where you would be enrolled in high school and college at the same time and graduate with an associates and your GED), and also institute classes which are classes that help you decide what career field you are interested in. Here at this school you will be prepared for college and your career before you ever get started. Gulfport is in fact an excellent school!
I love how much Gulfport High School supports non-college careers. In today’s society, teens tend to have a perspective that it’s either college or flipping burgers. Gulfport High has so many academic institutes that prepare students to enter a trade school, and some of them can even have students certified to enter the workforce after graduation. I love passing by the construction and engineering rooms from the second floor and looking at all the productivity and creativity. In addition, I believe that it is important for future teachers and medical field students to be in teacher readiness and MedTech classes. Even though I plan on attending college, I think it is important that students know that there are other options, and Gulfport High School does a great job at that with its academic institutes.