Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Guilford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Guilford, CT. It has 1,095 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Guilford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A257 Students
- grade A+128 Students
- grade A+95 Students
- grade B94 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade B minus79 Students
- grade A minus79 Students
- grade A+75 Students
- grade A72 Students
- grade A+69 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responses
- Basketball games18%
- Sporting events18%
- Choir Concerts11%
- Orchestra Concerts7%
- Band Concerts5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,027 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 31 responses
Schools like Guilford High School
- grade ACheshire High School
- Cheshire Public Schools, CT
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 273 reviews
- grade A+Daniel Hand High School
- Madison Public Schools, CT
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 230 reviews
- grade B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 56 reviews
- grade A+Amity Regional High School
- Amity Regional School District No. 5, CT
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 344 reviews
Guilford High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 204 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Guilford High is a great place to go to school! The brand new multi-million dollar facilities provide an exceptional learning environment for students. The teachers are very well educated, know what they are doing, but most importantly are able to connect with students and change their lives. The school has both an amazing music and athletic program, and offers many classes such as woodworking, voyages and vessels, robotics, etc. The school is small enough for teachers and administrators to have personal interactions and relationships, but big enough for everyone to find people with similar interests. I have loved my four years at this school, and am so grateful for the great friends and valuable experiences that I will take with my to college and throughout the rest of my life.
Guilford High School is an average or slightly above average high school in CT. As it is a newly built school, it is fairly clean looking and a nice exterior. There are multiple terfs and fields in which sports games take place in. It has 3 floors including an auditorium where plays and other events are held as well as a very nice library. I feel I received a decent education there, and made some friends along the way. The teachers for the most part are nice and understand with a few exceptions. Many students at Guilford High School are very competitive and take their education very seriously while others do the opposite. There are many different clubs/groups and I can guarantee there is one for you. The music programs are very strong and full of talented people. Students who are particularly popular and extroverted will flourish at this school socially.
Guilford High School is a prestigious school with many options for a rigorous schedule including A.P., Honors, and I.B. classes. It has some of the best teachers in the whole Guilford Public Schools system and creates a great environment for students to learn and build off of classmates. In Guilford High School, you are able to be yourself and learn many different skills that prepare you for college and the workforce. The teachers and administrators care about their students and have personal connections with most. Overall, Guilford High School is a great place to go and makes school fun, but educational, teaches you skills that you will keep forever, and gives you opportunities for valuable experiences that you will keep forever.