Guilderland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Guilderland Center, NY. It has 1,590 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Guilderland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+116 Students
- A87 Students
- A74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+65 Students
- B62 Students
- A56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Guilderland High School
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 37 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 95 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 150 reviews
- AShenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 228 reviews
Guilderland High School Reviews
The teachers at Guilderland High School are all very qualified at everything they do! A wide variety of teaching styles helps to keep students engaged; whether it's history teachers who use fun facts about historical figures and key events to make class interesting, or science teachers who incorporate labs that are applicable to real life, in order to make concepts click, all teachers go above and beyond to help students be successful. Additionally, teaching styles such as joining History and English classes, and joining math with businesses classes helps make class interesting. The use of new technology such as chrome books, teacher websites, and remind messages help to improve communication between students and teachers. Overall, teachers are both approachable and kind, they value their students success and help to improve school everyday. Teaching styles are eclectic and often include technology in order to keep students engaged and interested in learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
I felt I had ample opportunities at Guilderland. They have a wide expanse of AP and college credit courses. I never had a completely horrible teacher, each unique in their positivities and teaching styles. We have great athletic teams and our arts and music departments were solid. I enjoyed my time. I think Guilderland takes the maintenance of their facilities seriously, and are always looking to modernize technologically and in both their infrastructure and programming. My only complaint is I would have liked a more inclusive school wide and structured help with college applications. I'm the oldest child in my family and my mom did a ton of research to help me with my decision in contrast to my teachers and counselors. High school is meant to be a huge stepping stone in college preparation and students who don't have as strong of a parent network as I did, probably had a good amount of difficulty with the overall process.
Guilderland High School is a place that appreciates diversity and also has amazing academic programs. After I transferred to GHS, I contributed to the school by creating a new club called the Muslim Student Association to bring Muslims and people of other religions together to clear these stereotypes and bond as a community. Through creating this club, I had a lot of support from the school administrators, and I appreciate my advisors, Wein & Holt, the vice principal, McManus, and my guidance counselor, Baumgartner. Being president of MSA for three years has taught me to be a leader, and I appreciate the diversity at the school. As I go on to college, which is coming very soon, I look forward to continue being a leader because I am responsible and dedicated in whatever I put my mind to. I aspire to attending a college with kind administration and high academics, like my high school.