Guilderland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Guilderland Center, NY. It has 1,550 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Guilderland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+144 Students
- A-111 Students
- A96 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+83 Students
- B82 Students
- A-74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Guilderland High School
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 120 reviews
- A-Columbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 159 reviews
- A-Shenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 242 reviews
Guilderland High School Reviews
I have been in Guilderland from kindergarten to entering my senior year this fall. It is a great school where any student could find a group or community that they enjoy being a part of. It has a very diverse student body and teacher population. There are many groups that are safe spaces, and teachers that try to make their classrooms safe spaces very successfully. The music and theater programs are extremely high quality with very supportive and helpful staff. They always have something helpful to teach their students. The guidance counselors are very good at helping students with college readiness, advice, and helping students find the schedule that works best for them with classes. The teachers always work to help students understand the material and the way they run their classes is very fair. The higher level courses that are for college or AP credit it are very well taught. I've loved my time at GHS and can't believe it's really about to be my last year.
I have grown up in the Guilderland School District for all of my life. The teachers are great and the education you receive is very good as well. It is a school located in a pretty affluent, higher-middle class area. With this location, the school becomes pretty materialistic. Many times you gain popularity with certain status symbols and brands or if you look a certain way. Being an African-American girl, something I would like to see change in Guilderland High School is the diversity. Many times I find myself being the only person of color in my classes and growing up it affected my majorly. I didn't see people of my complexion and it impacted my self esteem when I was younger. The diversity and materialistic nature is the biggest thing to work on. If you find the group of people that you feel comfortable with and know you are accepted, then the school experience is great.
The teachers at Guilderland High School are all very qualified at everything they do! A wide variety of teaching styles helps to keep students engaged; whether it's history teachers who use fun facts about historical figures and key events to make class interesting, or science teachers who incorporate labs that are applicable to real life, in order to make concepts click, all teachers go above and beyond to help students be successful. Additionally, teaching styles such as joining History and English classes, and joining math with businesses classes helps make class interesting. The use of new technology such as chrome books, teacher websites, and remind messages help to improve communication between students and teachers. Overall, teachers are both approachable and kind, they value their students success and help to improve school everyday. Teaching styles are eclectic and often include technology in order to keep students engaged and interested in learning both inside and outside of the classroom.