Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Guilderland High School is a highly rated, public school located in Guilderland Center, NY. It has 1,524 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Guilderland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+172 Students
- A-137 Students
- A+113 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-109 Students
- A107 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Guilderland High School
- AClayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 47 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 143 reviews
- AColumbia High School
- East Greenbush Central School District, NY
- 172 reviews
- AShenendehowa High School
- Shenendehowa Central School District, NY
- 267 reviews
Guilderland High School Reviews
One thing that I like about Guilderland High School is how passionate the teachers are there. For example, my English teacher Mrs. Wein is so far the best English teacher that I've had as a student in the Guilderland Central School District. Mrs. Wein is making me enjoy English more than I already do. The way she presents her lessons, teaches, etc. She makes this honor class feel normal but while it is being an honors class. One thing that I would change about Guilderland Highschool is to have more classes for the study of psychology. This school only has one class for psychology and you have to be a junior to take it. I would like more classes for psychology because this is what I'd like to major psychology in college so I'd like to have more classes about it at the highschool I'm attending. Overall, this is one thing I'd like to change about Guilderland High School.
Guilderland High School is a public high school located in Guilderland Center, New York. I currently attend GHS as a junior and would like to describe the pros and cons of GHS. The school is very diverse. There are students that have Asian heritage, Hispanic Heritage, and more. Every year, GHS throws a cultural fair, where there are numerous stands set up in the gymnasium. Each stand represents a different culture and offer snacks and trinkets for students to interact with. Academically, GHS offers AP and honors classes for students that excel in regular classes. GHS also has a plethora of different electives for students. When it comes to teachers, it's honestly a mixed bag. Throughout my years of attending this school, I've had excellent teachers, mediocre teachers, and teachers that made me want to slam my head into the ground. One aspect of GHS that I believe could be improved upon, is the food and infrastructure. Overall, I believe that GHS is an adequate school with few flaws.
Guilderland high school or GHS is a very wholesome experience for high schoolers. However, there are some faults that could be fixed. The biggest problem with GHS is that there are no weighted grades which means regents students, honors students, and AP/College students get graded on the same scale, which is unfair. Also, for some reason it isn’t’t mandatory for the GHS news to be shown to all students by our teachers during homeroom, so many students miss out on important information daily. Regardless, my school does have a lot of school spirit (I even have my own GHS sneakers) and school events really bring everyone close together. Hence why I rate GHS a 3/5.