Guadalupe Centers High School is a public, charter school located in Kansas City, MO. It has 370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+70 Students
- B53 Students
- NG48 Students
- A-38 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+35 Students
- B34 Students
- A-33 Students
- C28 Students
- A-24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Guadalupe Centers High School
- C-Hogan Preparatory Academy
- Hogan Preparatory Academy, MO
- 92 reviews
- B+University Academy - Upper School
- Public School
- Kansas City, MO
- 76 reviews
- C+Frontier School of Excellence - Upper
- Frontier School of Innovation, MO
- 6 reviews
- BAllen Village High School
- Allen Village, MO
- 36 reviews
Guadalupe Centers High School Reviews
As a student who has been with Alta Vista, now called Guadalupe Centers, since 6th grade, I have loved my time working with the staff and students. I have learned so much being here. As my final year here, I can truly say that in this school, although it may not be perfect, it is filled with a home-like feeling. Guadalupe Centers High School is like a second home to me. It is a place where I can trust the staff because they have demonstrated their interest in the future of their students. The teachers here do not only teach lectures to students, but they also build connections. This teachers are willing to offer life advice and advice on college readiness.
Though All four years of Alta Vista (AV) high school, It has overall been a really great experience. I have had many different opportunities that other high schools don't have such as Senior seminar as a class. The community is majority hispanic but no matter what they bring anyone in as family. Senior year of AV they had changed a lot within the school also hired many new teachers witch had caused the students to adapt differently to the new teacher community. AV looks for teachers that truly cares about their students and want to help prepare them for the future.
Alta Vista is a very good school where the teachers and other staff truly care about their students. It is different from the 'typical' high school experience. They not only want to make their students college ready, but also life ready. They make sure to tell you and inform you on other choices if you feel like college isn't for you. They make sure that you are on track by making you stay for help when you need it. My favorite part is that the school offers an early college program where you can take college class on an actual campus while still in high school.