Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Groton Dunstable Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Groton, MA. It has 763 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Groton Dunstable Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A186 Students
- B+117 Students
- A+99 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-84 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+65 Students
- B54 Students
- A+51 Students
- A48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Groton Dunstable Regional High School
- A+The Bromfield School
- Harvard Public Schools, MA
- 67 reviews
- AHollis-Brookline High School
- Hollis/Brookline Cooperative School District, NH
- 269 reviews
- ANashoba Regional High School
- Nashoba Public Schools, MA
- 154 reviews
- ALittleton High School
- Littleton Public Schools, MA
- 61 reviews
Groton Dunstable Regional High School Reviews
GD is a good school with great academics, teachers, difficulty of classes and college readiness. However, it is lacking in education in technology. The only technology or coding classes are electives that don't teach students very much and are not taken seriously The math department is amazing with a wide range of difficulty in classes and a great group of tight knit teachers. The science department is good as well with lots of subjects going up to AP and most teachers are very good. The english and history are pretty good, most teachers are amazing but there are a few that are not good at all. Finally, the spanish department is great and has a cool program emphasizing speaking over memorization and exams. Most elective classes are lacking in difficulty and purpose. They are only time fillers or graduation requirements and don't teach anything meaningful. But overall, the teachers are amazing and truly care about their students and go out of their way to help in any way that they can.
This is one of the safest and most inviting high schools you can find. There has not been a fight or a teen pregnancy for many years. Most of the teachers are very good, and extra help is available to those who need it. Although we do not have much racial diversity, no one is treated differently for their skin color, and on the rare occasion that they are, the administration responds quickly and effectively. The class diversity is impressive, although the block system scheduling stops some students from being able to take every class that they desire. There is a school council that brings student opinion into how the school is run. Overall, it is a place that I would like to send my kids when I am old enough.
At Groton Dunstable Regional High School the academics are great and more teachers care about their jobs than not. Socially, as it is a small school of just under 900 kids, there is definite cliques and most everyone knows everybody and something about them. This can create for a close community but also drama. Students are generally respectful however enjoy talking about others. Sports teams do fairly well. Heavy focus and big push for students to go to college. Got a new lunch system in 2019-2020 that serves a great variety of options...that is not to say they are delicious but they have improved.