Grosse Pointe South High School is a top rated, public school located in Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. It has 1,619 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Grosse Pointe South High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+302 Students
- A+294 Students
- B+127 Students
- B+119 Students
- B+93 Students
- B+66 Students
- A61 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-52 Students
- A-50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingB
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Grosse Pointe South High School
- A+Grosse Pointe North High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 246 reviews
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 314 reviews
- ABerkley High School
- Berkley School District, MI
- 256 reviews
- B+Renaissance High School
- Detroit Public Schools, MI
- 822 reviews
Grosse Pointe South High School Reviews
GPS is a good school. There is a wide variety of classes to pick from, and what isn't in a class is most likely a club! There is basically no violence, or at least no obvious brawls on school property, and everyone is good at coexisting. That said, there can be divides between the more liberal versus conservative people that separate the students quite starkly. Overall, it is a very pleasant school and I enjoy going here!
Grosse Pointe South is an incredible school. It has all the resources an individual could need. The faculty strive to inspire their students to work their hardest, and through their dedication, the students usually do. Nearly every graduating class has at least one student attending an Ivy league school. Universities generally recognize the name Grosse Pointe South in a positive light. Though, due to the high achievement, the competition level is high. The location of South is also an important element. Is is central in the neighborhood, making it a fair commute for all students.
Grosse Pointe South provides an exceptional education for all students. Even though the school isn't very diverse, they do not discriminate based on anyone's race, religion, appearence, etc. The school is very welcoming to all types of students. Teachers at this school are great; highly educated in their field and always open to answering questions and giving extra help to students in need of it. Overall Grosse Pointe South is a great high school, no wonder it is ranked so highly!