Grosse Pointe North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+194 Students
- B+151 Students
- A+140 Students
- B+102 Students
- B87 Students
- B+81 Students
- B-71 Students
- B39 Students
- B-38 Students
- B-34 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Grosse Pointe North High School
- A+Grosse Pointe South High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 213 reviews
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 297 reviews
- ABerkley High School
- Berkley School District, MI
- 243 reviews
- A-Utica High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 244 reviews
Grosse Pointe North High School Reviews
Review Grosse Pointe North High School
My daughter graduated and my two boys are still there. I feel the entire school and community is dedicated to each students success. Our community businesses are engaged to student success, this includes the areas Big Salad holding a contest for the business students to create and sell a sale or sandwich. The local hospitals allow our students to round with Dr's, attend surgeries for the applied med class. Our AP Gov class goes to Washington DC and meets co gressmen and Senators. The atmosphere is positive and encouraging while discipline is delivered equally and fairly. There are over 50 clubs to choose from, 5 languages are offered, over 60% of the students participate in a sports. The Quiz Bowl team has made states and qualified for Nationals multiple times! "This is what we do here!"
Grosse Pointe North felt like a home to me. the staff and teachers were always understanding of the students and accommodated them when needed. Many different levels of courses were offered, catering to all different types of learners, and providing classes that often would not be taught at other schools. I personally connected with the performing arts program at North. All of the performing arts staff work extremely hard to keep the program going and informative and interesting. I built my closest friendships at North and would never have considered picking another High School over Grosse Pointe North.
If there is one think that I can pick out that make Grosse Pointe North stand out from all the other schools in the state is its Norsemen Knots Club. The Norsemen Knots Club, is a special club dedicated to socializing with general ed kids or kids with disabilities. Members of this club eat lunch with the special needs kids or help them in their classroom. I have been a member of this club since I was a Freshman and I just think it is amazing that we as a school try our best to keep the diversity flowing and add in general ed kids into our lives. I joined this club thinking I'd make a difference in the special needs students but instead they made a bigger difference in my life. I am proud to call some of these special needs students my best friends.