Grosse Pointe North High School is an elite, public school located in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI. It has 1,364 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Grosse Pointe North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+250 Students
- B+194 Students
- A+176 Students
- B+141 Students
- B+118 Students
- B+114 Students
- B94 Students
- B-56 Students
- B51 Students
- B46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Grosse Pointe North High School
- A+Grosse Pointe South High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 218 reviews
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 303 reviews
- ABerkley High School
- Berkley School District, MI
- 249 reviews
- A-Utica High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 246 reviews
Grosse Pointe North High School Reviews
One thing I love about Grosse Pointe North is the clubs and availability to get involved. The teachers at North always give one hundred percent in making sure the students can receive the best education possible. My peers are kind, fun, and open to new people as well, providing a communal atmosphere. One thing I wish however, is a bit more diversity. Grosse Pointe is a predominately white area, and being Chinese myself, getting to know more people of a diverse culture would be a great experience. Despite this, I love my school and everyone that is affiliated with Grosse Pointe North High School!
What I really like about Grosse Pointe North is that it has so many opportunities within the school. You can take Spanish, Italian, German, and/or French! Learning a language definitely is a good skill to have. There are also tons of clubs to join, such as the art club, the drama club, the robotics club, the diversity club, and so many more! The staff is so caring as well. They make sure you're set for wherever you want to go in the future, whether that be college, the armed forces, etc.
Grosse Pointe North is such an amazing school to attend! There are so many courses for you to choose from, from AP Lang to Dessert and Pastries, they are all great. This school is very well diverse. There’s all kinds of clubs and organizations for you to be apart of. I recommend it any day!