Grosse Pointe North High School is a top rated, public school located in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI. It has 1,365 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Grosse Pointe North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A392 Students
- B+318 Students
- A+283 Students
- B+201 Students
- B+199 Students
- B188 Students
- B171 Students
- B-104 Students
- B+85 Students
- B84 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Grosse Pointe North High School
- A+Grosse Pointe South High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 255 reviews
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 342 reviews
- ABerkley High School
- Berkley School District, MI
- 277 reviews
- B+Utica High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 279 reviews
Grosse Pointe North High School Reviews
I really love this school. Great diversity, great environment. The teachers, in general, are pretty good, and I always feel challenged. There are several AP classes and clubs. Basically, there is something for everyone. Go Norsemen!
I enjoy attending Grosse Pointe North High School. I feel like there is a balance in culture, gender, and intelligence. This is one factor that makes this school so unique: it's diversity. There are children attending this school from all different types of backgrounds. Another factor is their staff. Grosse Pointe North's staff and faculty are almost always smiling and are genuinely happy. From first-hand experience, they create a warm and welcoming environment for their students, as well as caring for their individual needs. Among other reasons, Grosse Pointe North is the perfect fit for any student wanting a safe, enrichening learning environment.
I enjoyed my four years at North. The teachers really helped students learn the material they need for the future. I also enjoyed playing sports at North, being able to have a connection with some of my teachers outside of the classroom. Some things I wish North would do is help kids get scholarships because it’s a lot of kids who do really good in school but when it’s time to go off to college they might not have the funds but those scholarships would help!