Grosse Pointe North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+234 Students
- B+180 Students
- A+165 Students
- B+132 Students
- B+111 Students
- B+107 Students
- B89 Students
- B-52 Students
- B51 Students
- B45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Grosse Pointe North High School
- A+Grosse Pointe South High School
- Grosse Pointe Public Schools, MI
- 215 reviews
- A+Athens High School
- Troy School District, MI
- 297 reviews
- ABerkley High School
- Berkley School District, MI
- 246 reviews
- A-Utica High School
- Utica Community Schools, MI
- 246 reviews
Grosse Pointe North High School Reviews
Grosse Pointe North is such an amazing school to attend! There are so many courses for you to choose from, from AP Lang to Dessert and Pastries, they are all great. This school is very well diverse. There’s all kinds of clubs and organizations for you to be apart of. I recommend it any day!
In my experience at Grosse Pointe North High School, I have been introduced to a whole new world of opportunities and endeavors. North has some of the best teachers in the state, and I can personally vouch that this is for a reason. The teachers at this school are encouraged to go beyond teaching from a textbook and to encourage learning in new and innovative ways that are both fun and exciting. Classes at North offer hands on learning, and you actually have to learn things through experience rather than just having someone tell you information. In these classes, you are also challenged to try your hardest and to achieve your maximum potential. Some classes are rather difficult, but due to this, they do a very good job at preparing you for the expert challenge that is college.
My daughter graduated and my two boys are still there. I feel the entire school and community is dedicated to each students success. Our community businesses are engaged to student success, this includes the areas Big Salad holding a contest for the business students to create and sell a sale or sandwich. The local hospitals allow our students to round with Dr's, attend surgeries for the applied med class. Our AP Gov class goes to Washington DC and meets co gressmen and Senators. The atmosphere is positive and encouraging while discipline is delivered equally and fairly. There are over 50 clubs to choose from, 5 languages are offered, over 60% of the students participate in a sports. The Quiz Bowl team has made states and qualified for Nationals multiple times! "This is what we do here!"