Griswold High School is an above average, public school located in Griswold, CT. It has 568 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Griswold High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A81 Students
- B-60 Students
- C50 Students
- B32 Students
- B30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+21 Students
- A-16 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Griswold High School
- C+Plainfield High School
- Plainfield School District, CT
- 98 reviews
- B+Wheeler High School
- North Stonington School District, CT
- 50 reviews
- B+Montville High School
- Montville School District, CT
- 132 reviews
- BWesterly High School
- Westerly Public Schools, RI
- 145 reviews
Griswold High School Reviews
At Griswold High, you are welcomed by teachers, students, and all faculty. It is a very inclusive school that provides many opportunities for students such as AP courses, CNA certification, and the chance to earn college credit. My experience at Griswold allowed me to make new friends, find what I’m really interested in, and feel at home when I walk through the doors. The teachers are very understanding and go the extra mile for every student to give them the best education possible.
Even though the school was small and had very little financial support, they always made it work. The music and arts department alone was what really made our school worth attending. Most of my teachers were amazing and really took pride in their work. I just wish the school received the financial backing it needed and that money wasn't wasted on unnecessary things.
There's something about Griswold and the people that inhabit that school. It's like a family there and you never feel like you have to go through anything alone. However, I do wish that they would make their extracurricular activities a little more inclusive.