Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Grinnell Community Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Grinnell, IA. It has 510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Grinnell Community Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A82 Students
- A74 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-34 Students
- B33 Students
- A24 Students
- A+24 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-18 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Grinnell Community Senior High School
- B-Newton Senior High School
- Newton Community School District, IA
- 119 reviews
- B-Montezuma High School
- Montezuma Community School District, IA
- 25 reviews
- BLynnville-Sully High School
- Lynnville-Sully Community School District, IA
- 12 reviews
- B-Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom Junior/Senior High School
- Brooklyn-Guernsey-Malcom (BCM) Community School District, IA
- 32 reviews
Grinnell Community Senior High School Reviews
Grinnell High School is a really great school with many nice teachers and students! The teachers really care about how well the students do in class. They really help students who are behind, but they also provide extra classes for students that excel in academics. They even allow students to go over to the college for classes. All of the other staff is super friendly and accommodating also. Our principal gets along with all of the students and is very friendly to parents. Grinnell has a great program for kids with special needs. The athletic department has great equipment and encourages everyone to participate in a sport whether you're good or not. The drama department is fantastic and puts on two productions each year while being involved in the Thespian Festival and other fun events. There's an extracurricular activity for pretty much everyone! It's a very clean school and the perfect size.
I'm about to go into my senior year of high school and I love the way our school is! The music program is spectacular and I couldn't be happier with it. There are some great teachers and plenty of students that are there to support you too!
What I loved most about Grinnell Community Senior High School was the abundance of opportunities, be they academic, social or extracurricular. My teachers gave me the knowledge, skills, and preparation I needed for college; meanwhile, I developed close friendships with several of my fellow students that I still value today. Finally, I was able to be involved in several activities at Grinnell Senior High, such as speech and debate, theatre, and choir, that both expanded my social circles and let me develop new talents and skills which I continue to use to this day.