Grimsley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+199 Students
- A149 Students
- B+107 Students
- B+100 Students
- B+92 Students
- A-91 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+62 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Grimsley High School Reviews
Review Grimsley High School
I love this school! The student life is great. There are different heritages at this school so there is always something different going on. The school also opens up to the community to hold events. This school is the first public high school to be established in Guilford County, NC. The school has traditions that it holds every year. Athletics are very popular to the students, staff, and parents. The football games is the place to be on Friday nights. The academics is one of the best in the county. This school prepares its students for college, the campus is also set up like a miniature college campus.
Grimsley is a very academically challenging school, offering courses up to the IB level. Students at GHS are looking for opportunities to do something for someone else and look for clubs to join. Brooks Buddies, one of the school clubs, tutors students at a nearby elementary school. My freshman year I started the Grimsley Food Pantry, a way to help students who are food insecure. Another student formed a club that conducts food drives to help sustain the food pantry, as well as advertise to the students that the pantry is there to help if they need it. Many students are a part of the club and help by sort incoming donations in the pantry, and conducting food drives out of school that will go to the pantry. Overall, Grimsley is a more than wonderful high school. Striving to be a well-rounded student shows how Grimsley students are always open to new challenges and are willing to strive to improve.
I liked that Grimsley has a great academic program. However, their sports program (football especially) could do much better. Another thing that could be fixed or helped is the upkeep of buildings. When I attended Grimsley from 2012-2016, I saw the roof leak at least 4 times, raining ceiling tiles down on student's heads. The A/C broke multiple times, causing the heat to be unbearable or, on the opposite side of the spectrum, the rooms to be so cold that students wore blankets and coats indoors when it wasn't very cold outside. I think that fixing the A/C would be beneficial to a proper learning envirionment.