Griffith Institute High School is an above average, public school located in Springville, NY. It has 582 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Griffith Institute High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-33 Students
- B26 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-18 Students
- C+18 Students
- C+16 Students
- A+15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B13 Students
- B-13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Griffith Institute High School
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
- BPioneer Senior High School
- Yorkshire-Pioneer Central School District, NY
- 56 reviews
- AEast Aurora High School
- East Aurora Union Free School District, NY
- 119 reviews
- C+Eden Junior/Senior High School
- Eden Central School District, NY
- 87 reviews
Griffith Institute High School Reviews
The teachers at SGI are very likable, but in truly depends on the teacher and subject. Some of my past teachers did not seem willing to help me when I really needed it but other put through and helped more than they needed to. My English teacher for ninth grade (as well as my AP Language and composition teacher) was someone I saw every day because I had her for class and as a homeroom teacher. Out of all the years of knowing me she still seemed, I hate to say it, but lazy! Rarely near the end of the school year was she in class on Friday, she didn't seem to enjoy her job and I feel that she could have done a better job at helping her AP students understand how the AP exam works. However, not all teachers were like her; for my AP US History class I had a wonderful teacher that was so interesting that every student seemed to pay attention. He wanted us to succeed in life and gave us his personal views as well as cold facts about adulthood and the responsibilities we would face in college life. I love history and I am glad to have had such a truthful and respectable teacher in my student life. The only teacher I can think that was not very organized with grading in my chemistry and now physics teacher. She is a very nice woman but is easily distressed with us because several of my class are lazy and uninterested in doing their homework. She doesn't always sort out her papers and once yelled at the guy I sit next to for not completing a quiz when in reality she must had not turned the paper over to check the backside answers. I haven't run into a teacher that was a real menace yet in all of my years at SGI. I have attended the Springville Griffith Institute since I was a kindergartener, so I have an abundant amount of insider knowledge on the school and staff regarding age groups and academic levels. The communication between the students and the staff is actually quite disappointing partly due to the students fault.
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Griffith Institute. It's important to get involved in the activities offered by the school to make the most of your high school experience. Most of the teachers are very helpful and interested in the well being of their students, however there are a few that I didn't really care for. I took a number of the AP classes offered but found that this district does not offer as many as other districts in the area. The community is really involved and always comes out to support sporting events, musicals and other activities.
My school is located in a small farming community and because of that we are a tight knit group. What makes my school unique is that any function that is happening within the school, the entire community old and young becomes involved. My favorite experiences in school were any functions that included the school band that I was involved in such as Dairy Fest, Pageant of the Bands, Homecoming, and Memorial Day Parades. My high school years were amazing not only because of the wonderful teachers I had but also because of the great friends that I made. If given the chance I would experience high school all over again.