COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Griffin School has started the 2020-21 year online! Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Founded in 1996, Griffin School provides students with a high school program that values individuality, creativity, and community. What makes Griffin unique is the balance between a rigorous college preparatory academic program and a vibrant, creative and supportive school community. Our interactive classes are capped at fifteen students and academic programming fosters artistic expression, critical thinking, and genuine involvement in the school and Austin community. We offer Advanced Placement courses across all disciplines, a broad array of fine arts classes, and a competitive sports program. We are located in Central Austin in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood.
Griffin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+24 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B6 Students
- A6 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Griffin School Reviews
My experience with the arts has been unequivocally positive; Griffin's resources are matched by its resourcefulness. Art - provocative, interesting, and real - happens here. Music is made here. Griffin fosters the artistic self-expression of its students. Engaged supportive faculty and a creative community make this possible.
Athletics, mainly the running program in all its disciplines, is nearly unrivaled. That coupled with the flexibility of the school allows a student like myself to cycle competitively for a local juniors program easily.
Academics at the Griffin School are equally as important as the arts. Griffin teachers act as stewards of the material, not unengaged classroom managers. Teachers make room to accommodate them and their particular needs.
That fact above all makes the Griffin School so special: people care about you, and you matter within the community.