COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Grier is following updates and precautions from CDC, WHO, and other agencies committed to maintaining public health regarding COVID-19 in the United States along with guidance from school-focused organizations such as the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS). Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Grier School is a girls' boarding school founded in 1853. Students learn in a supportive environment and become emboldened, engaged, and poised for the future. Young women find in-depth scholarship and wide variety in the Grier curriculum. At Grier, girls achieve a balance of analytical thinking, creative expression, and physical fitness. The purposeful balance in offerings ensures students graduate with technical knowledge in STEM and broad skills developed in the humanities, such as the ability to think critically, communicate clearly, and solve complex problems.
Grier School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+39 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+20 Students
- A19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+16 Students
VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS
The arts are an integral part of Grier, where artists and performers are celebrated. In fact, Fine Art, Dance, and Music compose three of Grier’s four signature programs. Each program offers classes from novice through advanced levels, including a pre-professional program for dancers and AP Portfolio class for artists. Our most advanced visual and performing arts students are at the Grier School.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses