Gridley High School is an above average, public school located in Gridley, CA. It has 637 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Gridley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+126 Students
- C+65 Students
- B61 Students
- A56 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-31 Students
- A30 Students
- A27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Gridley High School
- B-Marysville High School
- Marysville Joint Unified School District, CA
- 154 reviews
- BYuba City High School
- Yuba City Unified School District, CA
- 253 reviews
- C+Biggs High School
- Biggs Unified School District, CA
- 25 reviews
- BOroville High School
- Oroville Union High School District, CA
- 218 reviews
Gridley High School Reviews
I love Gridley High School because of its small size. Since it’s quite small, many people are close and almost everyone has associated with each other a handful of times. The teachers are also much easier to speak to and many staff members and teachers have relationships with students. What I would love to see change is the amount of classes and the variety of classes for students to choose, as well as equal recognition or equal financial split for the high school sports teams. Having more sports teams would be great as well! Many people, including parents and the student body as well as teachers, have been wanting to see a boys volleyball team this year, but financially, it’s been very difficult. It has also been very difficult due to lack of knowledge, however it’s is very well supported by everyone!
The High School was very College thinking. A student would get the necessary help from the counselor if they decided to join the military. The Administration didn't pay attention to the arts and music programs and would cut the budgets to the program and focus solely on the athletics department. Many projects and activities were funded for out of pocket or from fundraising for the art program can get new paint or paper, and the band to obtain new sheet music. Teachers were continually interchanging across all of the departments. A teacher retired and came back the next year because there wasn't a replacement. The English Department also went a whole year without a sophomore-level English teacher and instead had subs all year. The students had to be rich to partake in some of the activities.
I like Gridley High because it’s a small school with smaller classroom size. The teachers make a point to connect to each student. I love that our school came together during the Camp Fire to help support evacuees. Although I’ve had a great experience at Gridley High, I do think our school lacks diversity and could improve their facilities.