Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Greenwood High School is an above average, public school located in Millerstown, PA. It has 234 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Greenwood High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+26 Students
- C+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A12 Students
- B11 Students
- C+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Greenwood High School
- C+Halifax Area High School
- Halifax Area School District, PA
- 46 reviews
- B-Susquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 48 reviews
- BNewport High School
- Newport School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- C+Millersburg Area Senior High School
- Millersburg Area School District, PA
- 48 reviews
Greenwood High School Reviews
Greenwood High School is not your typical high school. Its standards are set high for its students and faculty. These high standards call for incredible faculty members, who care for each student personally. Sports are extremely important to the school spirit here, and these teams build bonds throughout the entire school. The cleanliness of the school is always kept in order. Overall, this establishment is above the average standard for high schools.
Overall, Greenwood is a quaint school district with a decent academic program that is definitely higher than surrounding districts throughout the county. It is based in a rural, conservative area just thirty minutes north of Harrisburg. Greenwood's agricultural programs and the FFA organization is outstanding, not just among other districts, but within the state of PA.
Greenwood offers good opportunities for students wishing to go into a career in math or science but lacks in the English and artistic fields. There are no AP classes offered except for ones online. There is no diversity within the student body or staff.