Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Greenwood High School is a public school located in Greenwood, MS. It has 665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 19% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-223 Students
- C175 Students
- B+175 Students
- B-158 Students
- B-154 Students
- B-154 Students
- A-137 Students
- B-104 Students
- B78 Students
- C+75 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Greenwood High School Reviews
Personally, My school has a lot pride and faith in their students. Also, they invest in the student athletes and scholars to reward them for their achievements. The school motto is “no child left behind” which includes paying for dual enrollment classes for the upperclassmen and after school tutoring for those who need help in certain subjects. Sometimes, the administration and staff will have monthly meetings with the parents to update information about current events and status/importance of their child’s level of learning.
I am currently a senior at Greenwood High School. These years haven't been easy but I managed to make it through. I currently had good grades(A-B) and no discipline problems. Attendance is key at GHS. No child is left behind. I have passed all my State tests Algebra1, English 2, Biology, and U.S.History. I was taking honor classes my 9th grade year. My GPA is great. I have been one of the few students selected to take college courses. GHS is really a great school. You can talk to any of the staff, the principals, your class president, or anyone about any fun activities or issues that you may have. I have experienced time with the principal Mr.Gatewood and Dr. Pulley. They made the students wanna come to school and learn. Although we really worked hard there were fun activities. We had a block party, pep Rally's, pizza for the students who did great on tests, Dress down day, Prom, Who's Who, and many great activities.
Greenwood High School is a public small high school located in the city of Greenwood. Greenwood High does not offer 5 star qualities like other schools but it offers something. Greenwood High is not the best school in the world nor is it the worst. At this school there is a lot of teacher-student/teacher-parent interaction. Students here are very kind to each other and they get along very well. A lot of students have good relationships with teachers and administrators around the school. At Greenwood High we believe that no child should be left behind.