Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Greenwood Community High School is an above average, public school located in Greenwood, IN. It has 1,256 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Greenwood Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A213 Students
- B153 Students
- B143 Students
- C+124 Students
- A+115 Students
- B-96 Students
- A-75 Students
- B+42 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Greenwood Community High School
- BTriton Central High School
- Northwestern Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 153 reviews
- BFranklin Community High School
- Franklin Community School Corporation, IN
- 260 reviews
- BWhiteland Community High School
- Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation, IN
- 270 reviews
- C+Mooresville High School
- Mooresville Consolidated School Corporation, IN
- 273 reviews
Greenwood Community High School Reviews
When people start high school they’re usually so excited, yet nervous. They can’t wait, also scared to experience everything that comes with being in high school, I mean who wouldn’t? Everyone says that high school is the worst four years of your life. Now that I've graduated months ago, I can’t say they were my best years but I can say they were my most educational years, of course, I wouldn’t say that they weren’t fun because they were. Greenwood wasn't the most diverse school. Being an Asian American, I felt out of place very much. It was easy to see that the school was a "White School." But education was great because of the amazing teachers who helped students when they need it. The food was okay for cafeteria food. In conclusion, Greenwood Community is a great school to learn but needs to focus on inclusivity.
I would consider my high school experience as great. I have participated in many activities that my school provides and have had great experiences with the people in my school. I am able to play both soccer and softball while keeping up my grades in honor classes. The people at Greenwood High School are diverse yet connected. There is not any segregation and bullying is not tolerated. Friends stick up for each other. There is drama, as there is at any high school, but at the end of the day, it is solved and put aside. The teachers genuinely care about their students and place mental health as a priority. One of the downfalls of high school was the stress that came from having responsibilities for so much, but the teachers were understanding and did not allow for us to fall behind. Greenwood High School is overall a very good high school that makes the students a priority.
I was able to prepare myself for my future in this high-school. There was no bullying I experienced, even though I have always been socially awkward and the teachers were extremely kind and outgoing. I especially loved the music program, which was very professional, fun, and life-changing.